Rules and Pop up "Changed by another user"

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
astri

Rules and Pop up "Changed by another user"

Post by astri »

Hi,

I have a business object (call it BO) with rules on it. BO has attributes BO.Attr1, BO.Attr2, etc. Those 2 attributes are described in rules related to READ PROTECT another attribute, for example:
IF BO.Attr1='In Progress' THEN READ PROTECT BO.Attr3 FROM ALL
IF BO.Attr2='Critical' THEN READ PROTECT BO.Attr4 FROM ALL

When I test it, I create 1 record of BO. Then I edit the record, change the value of BO.Attr1 and save the record. A pop up then shows "BO has been changed by another user. Please get the latest version of the data and try the operation again."

This doesn't happen when I change and save BO.Attr2 or another attributes.

I continue this application development from someone else. Looking at the error message, I thought that he might referenced the attribute to SystemSettings, but I check it isn't referred.

Do you have any idea about this? Thanks for any suggestion.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Sounds like a bug. Do you have an example that you can send to [email protected]?
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This should be fixed in build 1269
Aware IM Support Team
astri

Post by astri »

Great!
Thanks support.
BobK

Post by BobK »

When editing an object, I am now getting the 'BO has been changed by another user. Please get the latest version of the data and try the operation again.' error

Here is some output from Tomcat:

Got XML request <root><post_form_data_action object_name="Object" object_id="608" object_version="40" form_name="Main" form_context="edit" >

Multiple lines (over 80) similar to:
<post_attribute_data attribute_name="Attribute" >data</post_attribute_data>

</post_form_data_action>
</root>
server version is 2 client version is 40
Exception thrown java.lang.Exception Object has been changed by another user. Please get the latest version of the data and try the operation again.
java.lang.Exception: Object has been changed by another user. Please get the latest version of the data and try the operation again.
at com.bas.webapp.thin.a.b.o.a(Unknown Source)
at com.bas.webapp.thin.a.b.o.a(Unknown Source)
at com.bas.webapp.thin.a.c.a(Unknown Source)
at com.bas.webapp.thin.a.c.a(Unknown Source)
at com.bas.webapp.thin.servlets.WebInterfaceServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any help would be appreciated.
Bob
BobK

Post by BobK »

additional information.

I got the error in the previous post when I made a lot of changes on the screen.

If I make several changes, save, some more changes, save, etc, I do not get the error.
Bob
BobK

Post by BobK »

I have narrowed down when I get the 'BO has been changed by another user...' error and I think there is a bug in Aware.

My BO has a reference to another object which is displayed as a drop down. After creating the BO, I do not want this relationship changed, so I have the following rule:
NOT (BO IS NEW)
PROTECT BO.Relationship FROM ALL EXCEPT System.

I create my BO from a menu item which has 'Show object details after creation' ticked.

When I create my BO and hit the 'Create' Button, my BO remains on the screen and I edit it. When I then hit save, I get this error.

If I remove my protect rule or leave the BO and come back to it to edit it, I do not get this error.

Let me know what you think
Bob
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please send your BSV to us and describe the steps required to reproduce the problem.
Aware IM Support Team
BobK

Post by BobK »

bsv sent
Bob
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

I can confirm the same problem, when using a PROTECT rule on a BO attribute, after the initial save, when I try to continue editing the forms (unprotected) attributes I get an error '...has been changed by another user...'

When I remove the PROTECT rule, there is no error.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Should be fixed in build 1309
Aware IM Support Team
BobK

Post by BobK »

It is fixed.

THANK YOU
Bob