Locale - missing strings

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Platinum_ar

Locale - missing strings

Post by Platinum_ar »

Unfortuntly still a lot of strings is missing from list in Locale.
For example Grouping labels.
Is there any way to add this strings manually?
This is serious think for us.
We can't tell our customers that we can do almost anything in the system but this label must stay in english :)
Also we would prefer not to mix languages in the backend.
hpl123

Manually?

Post by hpl123 »

I agree, this is very important. Could you (support) provide the steps for us to do this manually?

Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

I don't use Locale much, but concur for the main reason that any feature not universally implemented detracts greatly from the value of the platform. Consistency is key.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We try hard to fix all locale problems but occasionally some strings fall through the cracks (there's so many of them ... :)

It would be helpful if you provide a complete list of strings that are missing, rather than just say "a lot is missing". As of this moment we are not aware of a single missing string (we'll check out the group labels and if the problem is confirmed we'll fix it in the next build)
Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

THX

Post by hpl123 »

aware_support wrote:We try hard to fix all locale problems but occasionally some strings fall through the cracks (there's so many of them ... :)

It would be helpful if you provide a complete list of strings that are missing, rather than just say "a lot is missing". As of this moment we are not aware of a single missing string (we'll check out the group labels and if the problem is confirmed we'll fix it in the next build)
Thanks support, I haven´t started to use locale to full extent yet but when I do I will report missing strings.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
Platinum_ar

Post by Platinum_ar »

We found those one:
- group name in query
- record popup in query, labels are OK but values are not translated

more soon...
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Group names, and values in popups ARE NOT supposed to be translated - they are taken from the database.

Aware IM only translates strings used in your configuration and system strings. Values defined by the user and stored in the database are not translated and cannot be translated.
Aware IM Support Team
Platinum_ar

Post by Platinum_ar »

Sorry but this explanation doesn't make much sense to me.

Values on lists or forms, taken from value lists, are translated, why group names can't be?

My records are grouped by values from choice list, also values not translated in popups are taken from static choice lists.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

A choice list can only be translated because you enter choices into the configuration of your app, so Aware IM knows about them. Values entered by the end user cannot be translated because they are entered at runtime and Aware IM does not know what the translation is.

If you are saying that your group names use choice lists entered in your configuration then these should be translated unless there is a bug. If you are sure it's a bug please send us a small BSV that demonstrates the issue with the description how to reproduce the problem in this BSV.
Aware IM Support Team