File Size on Calculation Column only shows '0'

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

File Size on Calculation Column only shows '0'

Post by Jhstephenson »

I want to show the sizes for files that have been uploaded to an app, so I put a Calculated Column on a Query with the following for the Calculation:

FILE_SIZE(MediaFiles.MediaDocument)

Should be pretty straight forward shouldn't it?

All it shows though is '0' for the value on every single record.

What am I missing here?
customaware

Re: File Size on Calculation Column only shows '0'

Post by customaware »

Jim,

Have you tried assigning the result to an attribute also. That way you could tell if the problem is the function or the calculated query column.
Cheers,
Mark
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

I did and ran into an issue when I tried to update each record in my BO with the size of the media file.

I keep running into a max packet size limit in MySql. Some of these files are big, really big, as in 3 to 4gig and Aware seems to have a problem somewhere in dealing with them.

Which actually brings up a whole other issue in that whenever I try to go to a record that has one of these large files, even if I am not trying to play the video, it still acts like Aware us trying to open it.
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Jhstephenson wrote:I did and ran into an issue when I tried to update each record in my BO with the size of the media file.

I keep running into a max packet size limit in MySql. Some of these files are big, really big, as in 3 to 4gig and Aware seems to have a problem somewhere in dealing with them.

Which actually brings up a whole other issue in that whenever I try to go to a record that has one of these large files, even if I am not trying to play the video, it still acts like Aware us trying to open it.
Are you storing these BLOBs (files) inside of DB? I warned you before not to, and you said you're using FS. But now you're talking about MsSQL complaining about Packet size.
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

No. These are just stored in the File System.
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Jhstephenson wrote:No. These are just stored in the File System.
So, why are you having Packet size issue? Doesn't make sense. MySQL dodn't have anything to do with a file stored in directory. You're only storing a string in DB that points to the location of the file on directory.
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

What if you use COMMIT TRANSACTION after you read a file size and add it to the relevant BO?