Advice - Or How to solve?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ninap

Advice - Or How to solve?

Post by ninap »

Hello,

We had wanted to get some advise on an issue we have

Using the sample "Ordering" application or even the CRM as an example.

We have a Customer BO in which we need to assign Sales reps to as the customers Primary, Secondary and Third contact point.

We did not want to create 3 different relations but instead have one, and be able to have a field in which we Choose - Primary, Secondary and Third etc.. This obviously does not work as the Salesmen then have a ranking which is changed each time we add a new customer.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Nina P :)
technopak

Post by technopak »

Hi,

Can you explain the ranking problem a little more ?

Peter
ninap

thanks

Post by ninap »

thanks for the reply,

ranking maybe not the correct word but here is an example:

We have a customer database and each Customer is assigned 3 sales reps.

Each sales rep is either Primary, Secondary or Third responsible

Solution 1:

On the Customer BO, create three Attributes which are SalesRep1, SalesRep2, SalesRep3 which are all relations to another BO called Employees.

This is the current way we do it but its messy feeling as we have to have
more of the forms space used.

Solution Prefered

On the Customer BO, create one Attribute called SalesReps - allow edit as a grid - and SOMEHOW allow a drop down to Assign each Choosen rep as Primary, Secondary and Third

Does this make more sense?
technopak

Post by technopak »

Just to make sure I have this -

So you want 3 reference attributes which each refer to a Sales Rep, and you want those to be selectable using a dropdown on the Customer form.

Or do you want a single attribute which contains the entire Sales Rep group assigned to the customer ?

If it's the first option, 3 reference attributes on your form doesn't sound like a lot.

I'm sure I'm not getting the problem exactly just yet ?

Any more description/clarification ?

Peter
ninap

Post by ninap »

Peter - thanks again

I can PM you a mock-up ?

But in short - We are just seeing if anyone has ideas about reducing the Ref. Attributes.

basicly it would be like a BSV which was for you to rank your top 10 favorite movies. users would login be able to select in a data grid to add movies and rank them somehow.

you would have a BO called Movies, and it would have a relation to RegularUsers BO. As a logged in RegularUser you could somehow rank your top ten movies, without creating 10 Attributes with Relations to Movies.

Thanks, Nina :)