System error: unable to find design of the document MyReport

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Post by tford »

Yep, I learned from the master (Pete) back in 2007!
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

Deleted some old versions, tried to export - got this again. fun stuff.
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

aware_support wrote: Putting them directly into the database table if you have some good copy of the version is not trivial, but doable. If anyone is interested we can provide instructions.
Yes please... 3rd time I have lost ALL my icons. It's not hard for me to reproduce this. Create a bunch of versions, make changes to documents icons, and/or presentations along the way. Delete all but the most recent 2-3 versions. I am 3 out of 4 for that working for me.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We'd much rather fix the problem, actually. We have tried to reproduce it several times but couldn't. If you know the way to reproduce it reliably please describe in detail how.
Aware IM Support Team
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

as much as I would like to have the time to spend QA-ing this issue, it takes me several months to wrack up enough versions to feel the need to delete them.

Even if I just start creating verison for this - my instance is a production server so once I have fixed it I really (REALLY REALLY REALL), do not want to try to make it happen again. Especially since the back I took last night before running deletes seems to have some type of corruption so no I have fix this manually.

Further, I would like to do what Tom and Pete are doing which would allow me to do some testing, but I have just one License and buying a new one to work around a bug and/or help QA is not going to happen in the short-term.

Here is what I have for Detail.

1. this ALWAY happens following a delete of obsolete versions

2. this seems to effect all 'newly' modified reports, presentations, as well as every single User Defined Icon. I can not fully dewfine what 'newly' means, but I think it's worked since the deleted version. I can say I have never lost a report I did not work on for several versions.

3. the icon paths are still stored, if I go to the config tool - but they are not shown in the preview.

4. Testing seems to have something to do with it. I have twice left a BSV in test mode for 2-3 weeks, so it might happen following a long period of a BSV being left in test. Or it might be that I am doing the deletes which the version is in Test Mode. This is just a hunch, so might be a red herring.

5. Pasting in reports from good version fixes the report issue. Presentations can be imported. Pasting in VP's or menus from a good version has no effect.

That's all I can provide.

As a temp solution, It would be REALLY nice to have a function to re-obtain icons, which would go through the system and IF the icon is still located on the same path it will get reimported.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We may have fixed the problem. At this stage it's an educated guess because we cannot reproduce it. Please try the following:

1. Update to the latest build
2. Download a patch http:/www.awareim.com/awareim.jar
3. Put it in AwareIM/Tomcat/lib directory overwriting the original

You will have to restore the icons one last time(hopefully). See if the problem still occurs after this. Let us know whatever the outcome.
Aware IM Support Team
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

Thanks, hopefully that will work going forward!
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Hopefully this has been fixed for good in build 1719
Aware IM Support Team
weblike

Re: System error: unable to find design of the document MyRe

Post by weblike »

This error occurred to me few days ago...

Lost all the menu icons (I store them in C:\icon-folder) & templates

I get the error "Unable to find design file in .../DocTemplates/BASTestDomain........"

I'm using build 2180.

What I did: This is a copy of live application, but I have changed a lot in this version"..
Never deleted a obsolete version of the BSV. Just published a minor version and the icons/templates are gone :(...

Anyone can help on this????It's very frustrating...
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
weblike

Post by weblike »

Hi Support,

This is happening again. Twice in a month of work...
It's very frustrating...What I have done is just to publish a minor version of the BSV.

Can you help, please?
Thx,
George
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You have some problem in your dv_res table in the database. It is missing some entries. No idea why. Perhaps a database corruption
Aware IM Support Team
weblike

Post by weblike »

Thx for the reply.

But why is happening only on one bsv. The dv_res is holding the records for all of the bsv apps, right?
Thx,
George
weblike

Post by weblike »

aware_support wrote:Hopefully this has been fixed for good in build 1719
I had no problems at all with my server in past months. This behavior i have noticed only with one bsv file an I'm modifying at least 4 of them. Only 1 bsv is affected.

If it were a DB problem it would affect all bsv's, right?

Thx,
Thx,
George
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Not necessarily.
Aware IM Support Team