instances of the same RegularUser

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
mrbdrm

instances of the same RegularUser

Post by mrbdrm »

Hi
i can't get my mind around this issue if you like to call it.
if i have more than one session of the same RegularUser how can i Distinction between each instance?
for audit purposes
RocketRod

Re: instances of the same RegularUser

Post by RocketRod »

Best not to allow multiple logons of the same RegularUser. Each user should for an app have their own unique logon and password. Then you may audit all sessions of that user easily for audit purposes.

Cheers Rod
mrbdrm

Post by mrbdrm »

Thank you Rod
you see the issue is when the same user log multiple times( did not logout or refreshed the page or logged from another machine)
i need to do additional verifying step before login-out the older user instance
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

I have an attribute on the RegularUser BO which I set on when they connect to a session and turn off when they log off correctly. If they try and log on again after not logging off correctly (which I can tell from the attribute setting), I check if the other session is still active and if so ask if they want me to kill it off and allow them to log on fresh.

Cheers Rod
mrbdrm

Post by mrbdrm »

hmmm
i will try this.
tford

Post by tford »

I have an attribute on the RegularUser BO which I set on when they connect to a session and turn off when they log off correctly. If they try and log on again after not logging off correctly (which I can tell from the attribute setting), I check if the other session is still active and if so ask if they want me to kill it off and allow them to log on fresh.
Rod -- can you walk through the exact details of how you identify and kill off the previous session?

Thanks!
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Tom I have a login process that checks a number of items. Each check can change the value of an attribute on the user BO. For example:

1. Initialize user attribute to a value say 9.
2. If system is locked for maintenance (just a check against an attribute on the systemsettings BO) then user attribute set to 1. This allows me to have AwareIM up and running so I can do stuff but stop logins.
2. If user is an inactive user (just a check against an Active attribute on the user BO) then set attribute value to 2.
3. Then I do my own app licence check. If the count of this user plus those with attribute value = 9 , in other words all those that are currently logged on, exceeds the customers licence count, then set user attribute to say 3.
4. If NMB_OF_SESSIONS(LoggedInSystemUser)>1 and their variable is set to 9, then set value to say a 4 and do a Display Question. 'You are already logged on , can I kill the existing logged on session?'
5. If answer is yes just do a LOGOUT loggedinsystemuser and set the variable back to 9. This kills the old existing session and allows the new one to continue.
6, Then I show different VPs based on the value if it is not equal to 9.
For example if it is a 4 then they get a VP withan appropriate message and just a Logout option.
If it is a 1 then they get a VP which displays a maintenance message such as system will be backup again in x minutes. And of course just a logout option.
If it is a 2 then they get a VP with the usual contact your administrator as your account is marked as inactive.

So and so on with different VPs and messages and just one menu option that has a Logout option.

Hope that explains it.

Cheers Rod
tford

Post by tford »

Very thorough, creative solution, Rod!

Thanks so much for sharing the details
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

My "Thanks" as well!