Modifying Rules Within a BOG

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bkonia

Modifying Rules Within a BOG

Post by bkonia »

When modifying rules on a BO within a BOG, I would like to propose that AwareIM provide the user with an additional option in the "Identical rule is found" dialog:

"Apply this change to all business objects in this group that contain identical rules"

The purpose is to allow the user to prevent AwareIM from inadvertently overwriting custom conditions/actions that may only apply to a specific BO within the BOG. When the user selects this option, AwareIM would only update BO's that contain TRULY identical rules, not just rules of the same name.

Presently, AwareIM considers two rules to be "identical" if they have the same name. However, you could have two rules with the same name, but different conditions/actions. Therefore, I would further propose that the dialog box label be changed to "Rule with the same name is found".
Brad S Konia
Hostland
https://www.hostland.com
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

> Presently, AwareIM considers two rules to be "identical" if they have the same name.

Rules should be considered identical only when both the rule name and the rule text are identical. If you see a different behavior, please let us know how to reproduce it.
Aware IM Support Team
bkonia

Post by bkonia »

Yes, you're correct. I apologize for the confusion.

Nevertheless, I think it would be better if AwareIM disallowed identically named rules containing differing rule text, within a BOG. For example, if you modify the rule text in one BO, and decline to apply the changes to other rules of the same name within the same BOG, you should be prompted to rename the rule.

Likewise, if you add a BO to a BOG and that BOG already contains a rule with the same name, but differing rule text, you should be prompted to rename the rule prior to adding the BO to the BOG.
Brad S Konia
Hostland
https://www.hostland.com