►To Support: Video Request◄ V8 Beta training video

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

►To Support: Video Request◄ V8 Beta training video

Post by BenHayat »

Support;

At my current temp job/project that I'm working on (a .Net project) that is about to go to production in a about a month. After extensive internal testing, we released the first beta to a group of advance users to test and we only got two users to test partially and gave up. After further poking around to see why no one showed any interest to test, we came to find out, they had no idea where things are, how to go about it and get it done, because it's a NEW product.

I suggested that we create a full blown 45 to 60 minutes video, put it on our internal server, have users first watched it with a small quiz (to make they watched the whole thing).
Then we asked them to test it again. The result, almost everyone tested it and we got tons of great feedback to address.

My humble request to Support is to create a full blown video (that can also be used later as training video) to kick start V8 Beta testing. Many people don't have time to waste to figure out where things are and how they work. A good quality video, saves us a lot of time and also gets us excited to test.
BLOMASKY

Re: ►To Support: Video Request◄ V8 Beta training video

Post by BLOMASKY »

The good news Ben is that the V8 configurator will WORK just like the current one (in the fact you create your BOs, queries, forms, rules, etc with the same LOGIC as you do now. So that does not have to be re-learned, and since 8.0 is not adding any new features (waiting patiently for 8.1), there is nothing new to learn that way.

The layout is very different. If you are familar with exclipse, you know you will have multiple, resizeable panels where the properies are. I would expect the learning curve for existing Awarians to be very short. Of course, since Vlad is the king of videos, I would expect to see one out soonish. However, it might be done like previous ones, where there will be a focus on an area of aware (forms, rules, etc.) and just show that.

Of course, I could be way off base.

Bruce
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

BLOMASKY wrote:(waiting patiently for 8.1), there is nothing new to learn that way.
Bruce
Based on my calculation and estimation from past experience, we won't see 8.1 in production till 2018 2nd Quarter. Which means we are two years behind Kendo update since June 14th 2016 update.
bondicoffee

Post by bondicoffee »

"waiting patiently for 8.1 " we all do :)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

Based on my calculation and estimation from past experience, we won't see 8.1 in production till 2018 2nd Quarter. Which means we are two years behind Kendo update since June 14th 2016 update.
Hopefully it will be much sooner than that. The work planned for 8.1 is MUCH easier than what we are doing now for 8.0.

Good point about the video and we may have something out, but Bruce is right - it should all be very transparent for the current users.
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote: The work planned for 8.1 is MUCH easier than what we are doing now for 8.0.
Support, any chance we can see a list of 8.1 planned features [not necessarily committed]?
Thanks!
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, not yet. Let us finish 8.0 first
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote:No, not yet. Let us finish 8.0 first
I understand, no problem.