I have a sad F-ing life - Multi-Step Process Woes

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

I have a sad F-ing life - Multi-Step Process Woes

Post by Jaymer »

what the hell am i doing sitting here on a friday night struggling with this damn multi-step process, trying to make a multi-page wizard?
The video is an unrealistic example - its a specific case with a 1-to-1 "interview" - i mean, ok its "realistic", but he has left out a lot if you're not going to do it that way.
might as well just shoot myself now.

In my scenario, I have a person registering for events.
each event has multiple LINEAR "steps".
its totally diff. than his 1-1 where there's always 1 interview per funeral ("case") and its Non-Linear.
(Maybe Vlad thinks Linear is easier - but there's no example setting up the steps - I can tell you, its confusing)

the documentation says refer to the video.
the video is made by the developer, so he gets it.
maybe Bruce gets it - cause he's smart.
but me, its damn confusing.

) Its not clear how the FINISH button will appear.
) I'm doing this on Mobile - and the pages keep "stacking" on each other. When you do a Next a few times, and then a Close, it just takes you back 1 screen - doesn't close.
) It doesn't mention a strategy for doing an example like mine. Whats the best way to handle the default Save & Close buttons - you don't need both? Do you even want your user to see "Save"?

I'll keep plugging away - seems like only 4 people have ever done this (vlad, funeral, BobK and me) and hopefully BobK can clear up this since he did Mobile... if I haven't put a bullet in my head yet.

PS _ BobK - you said you spent a lot of time getting it to look right on mobile. I With only 3 steps (and displaying the stepper) it looks fine - but you must mean if I get more steps than will fit across the top I'm going to have to abandon showing the step?

PPS _ apologies to any of you who had friends who were programmers and DID decide to put a bullet in their head
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
customaware

Re: I have a sad F-ing life - Multi-Step Process Woes

Post by customaware »

Had same journey Jaymer but with Multi Step Non Linear....

Finally got it working....

Let me know if you want to jump on a zoom and happy to walk you through how I got it to work.
MultiStap.png
MultiStap.png (163.6 KiB) Viewed 9991 times
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Thx mark,
since I'm linear and mobile, and thats what BobK did, lemme wait and see if he can help come Monday.
Appreciate it,
Jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
BobK

Post by BobK »

In my other response, I was talking about 1 form with multiple sections and moving between sections using the wizard navigation type instead of the tabs. That is a totally different animal then the Multi-Step Process. Sorry jaymer :(

I have also tried to use the Multi-Step process in a different setting and was unable to figure out how to do it.
Bob
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

BobK wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:49 pm I have also tried to use the Multi-Step process in a different setting and was unable to figure out how to do it.
Lol
🔫

Jaymer
gernotlg

Post by gernotlg »

Jaymer wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:14 pm The video .... has left out a lot.....
Still trying to get this working also.

Seems especially weird when using as popup... I end up with multiple popups open, pretty much how ever many times the user goes between steps = how many popups I have to close with the close button... which pretty much renders it useless ATM.

It would certainly be a very useful feature, if I could get it working.

We certainly could use a Sample BSV for multi-step process.. #support.
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Yes, better examples needed.
Keep this in mind…
The video shows multi step NON-linear. And Mark says he was able to also do that.
But this leaves LINEAR people out in the cold, AND we need to see a polished example for mobile as well.
Just rereading my OP and the issue of mobile pages “stacking” is an issue…

So any example BSV needs to be comprehensive for several situations, not just 1 case and then leave the rest for us to figure out.

I turned up a bug (which he fixed) probably because funeral was never tested on a phone (no need, because it would never be used on a phone), but still it’s an example of not all paths being fully tested.

I abandoned the project because user registration for this event was the most important part and needed to work flawlessly- and I wasn’t going to get that from multi-step process.
Also we needed to process 600 payments thru Stripe and I didn’t want to pay so much for the add on in its immature stage.

Jaymer
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

eagles9999 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:51 pm Had same journey Jaymer but with Multi Step Non Linear....

Finally got it working....

Let me know if you want to jump on a zoom and happy to walk you through how I got it to work.

MultiStap.png
I am also interested to see the flow Mark. It would be nice if you like to schedule and people who are interested will join your session. :)
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL