Gmail detects email from awareim as a spam

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

Just to clarify a bit because I cannot check it now.
Do you mean that If I set outgoing email server settings to inteligent object than when I send email to that IO awareim will use that specified email server but not that is in global system settings?

For years I thought that there is restriction in awareim and I can use only one email server. :lol:
AwareIM 5.1a build 1454, Debian 64bit , MySQL
tford

Post by tford »

Do you mean that If I set outgoing email server settings to inteligent object than when I send email to that IO awareim will use that specified email server but not that is in global system settings?
On the Intelligence tab for an Intelligent BO, clicked Edit button. There you will find 2 options:

1) Use values below
2) Use value from SystemSettings object.

If #1 is chosen, you specify Outgoing Mail Host, From Address, Outgoing Mail Port and authentication details.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

In your Notifications you can set a dynamic sender address, your BO should be Intelligent :

or

Regarding your email being received as a Spam you will never have a 100% guarantee.It depends as well on the end user spam settings...
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

kklosson, thank you very much! This feature works great. The only minus it doesnt support ssl (gmail) but at least now I can use different smtp's.
For example, Yandex.com doesnt require SSL.
AwareIM 5.1a build 1454, Debian 64bit , MySQL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Sending and receiving e-mails via gmail should now be supported in build 1644

(SSL and TLS options are now available)
Aware IM Support Team