Version 8.1

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
RentProperty

Re: Version 8.1

Post by RentProperty »

Yes, Our company is more interested on the Exposing side as we expose a lot of Services for consummation by native IOS and Android mobile apps that we built.

ALSO... One feature request I forgot to mention which will be REALLY great is to have conditional icons on operations, as well as the Dynamic Operations on a single button.

In other words... The ability to Write some rules on the the operation to specify that if condition is X then The operation should be X with Icon X, Elseif Condition is Y then the operation should be Y with Icon Y.
This way one would be able to have a proper toggle feature with Operation icons that are updating dynamically but in the same operation column.
I think that will add great value and flexibility to be able to dynamically set operations and their associated icons.
Hein Hanekom & Werner Hanekom
Sinov8.net
AwareIM Version 5.9 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.1 (Windows EC2 R2012 & MySQL)
Gabbitas

Post by Gabbitas »

Support,

My number 1 request for 8.1 is to have better handling and control of incoming email when using IMAP in AwareIM so it's great to see "12. An option not to delete an email from the server when an email is fetched by Aware IM". However, this doesn't go quite far enough for me.

I would like AwareIM to behave more like a normal email client in the sense that it would download all incoming email from the mail server, read or unread, not just those that are unread. When I say all, I mean those that it has not iterated over before and I would also like to be able to set a limit of, say, the last 2 weeks or last 30 days (this is so that AwareIM doesn't download 100k emails when a new user enters his mail server credentials).

Please support, can you do two extra things here:

1) Allow AwareIM to download all email regardless of whether it's read or unread. If only unread email is downloaded then AwareIM skips those emails that may of been first read on a different client device such as a phone.

2) Limit the amount of email that AwareIM will download. I want to be able to specify that AwareIM only downloads email from the last 14 or 30 days so that when a new user signs up for my app the system doesn't waste resources downloading and processing hundreds of thousands of old email.

Changing the subject....

If i can really push my luck it would be good to have a checkbox in the config tool to turn borders on and off for individual separators. I know that this can be done using advanced scripts and css etc but its very awkward and clunky in my opinion.

Heres hoping........

Many Thanks
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

tford wrote:
Process queue request: a process cannot execute one at a time - this is a terrible waste of system resources. But you can make a process "long" - in which case it will start executing on the background after some time and the user can continue working on something else. There is a setting in process properties for this.
One challenge with this, Vladimir, is when a series of processes uses "IN BATCHES OF 1" and multiple processes are called. I usually can't get the system to trigger this type of process to go into the background no matter what setting I use.

It would be very helpful to have a checkbox for "Always run in background". Another idea would be to allow this to be controlled by new rule syntax where you could call a process and specify IN BACKGROUND.

Thanks!
+ 1 for this - and possible with a "priority low" setting so that long processes don't consume too much resource.

Also, it would be good if a process could end by displaying a report, (or storing it somewhere for later retrieval and notifying us that the report is available) My current workaround is either to tie the users PC up for a couple of minutes (i.e. I don't put the process in background) or I put stuff in a separate table and retrieve it later when the background process is finished. Some year end annual reports can be time consuming to build
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

I have been away on vacation for last 9 days so I missed this announcement. Like all, I am very impressed where Aware is heading, a FEW things on my list (and maybe it was discussed earlier)

1). Having date of last change in BSV is good, but I would REALLY RELLY (thats double really) like that for every element. i.e. for every process, BO, Query, VP, perhaps with the ability to sort / search on this. This will not replace a version control system, but it will certainly make my life easier, for when I work 2 hours, have an issue and trying to figure out what was changed. Also, for the "BIGGER" companies who rely on a version control system, this could be exported and almost be one.

(skipping #2 incase I have to add one)

3). I have talked with you re: inline editing, and understand some of the difficulties, but to tell potential customers / users that we don't support check boxes, they look at me and tell me it's not the 1990's. I would really like all type of "normal" window controls, (including date, time pickers, combos, checkboxes available.). Again, on a read-only screen, I can use checkboxes, but not on editable ones. Sort of silly.

3 1/2). Since this goes with the previous one, Would be nice to have an EASY hook (not having to use Javascript) to get control when a field is edited and loses focus. To either do a calculation, raise an error. This could be handled with a new type of rule perhaps, so just like current rules can be IF BO.Attr WAS CHANGED then.... could be IF BO.Attr LOSES FOCUS then....

Otherwise, color me a happy camper.

Bruce

p.s. Totally off topic, but before you ask, where did I go on vacation: http://www.brucel.com/Landscapes/NorthernLights/
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

BLOMASKY wrote: p.s. Totally off topic, but before you ask, where did I go on vacation: http://www.brucel.com/Landscapes/NorthernLights/
Bruce, you should stamp your pictures with copyright before publishing. People WILL steal them and sell them. It happened to a good friend of mine, his pictures were being sold for $200 each and he never got a penny for it.
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

I’d like to see some under the hood updates to bring things like Tomcat up to the current version, which I am hoping would be trivial.

I’d also like to see the MySQL JDBC driver updated which seems to be less trivial as there seems to be an issue with the SSL side of it (though there is a not inconsiderable chance that I have not managed to set this up correctly)

On the more involved side I’d like to see the log4j updated but I appreciate that this is a non trivial update but would give more logger options (such as the logger not escaping out when certain string characters are used as you are writing to a database).

Alternatively I’d like to see a better installer routine built to not overwrite Tomcat Jars etc where they are newer than the shipped components.

On the list of things Vladimir has already mentioned I am assuming the COMMIT TRANSACTION will be the ability to force a save which makes me EXTREMELY happy - so if nothing else but that is implemented I would be satisfied.

Support for calculated columns in queries is also a big plus. That will save a lot of writing of update processes.

REST consumption is arriving just at the point that I am needing to add this to my app, as is transaction isolation (lot of header records that are being created prior to line items) so that will reduce my need to status flags in queries.
5. Ability to insert the calendar widget into a visual perspective (along with Google maps, input controls and buttons)
Does this mean instead of building a query first or linking to external calendars? Or does this mean bringing the insertion of widgets into a more AIM like way (the current methods being a bit unAIM like). I’d really like buttons to be more consistent across the platform.

Bruce has already mentioned on focus / on blur control which would be great, at the moment I am having issues with Ui updates being a bit slow.

I’d REALLY like to see some control on the mandatory state of fields - many of my fields are not mandatory by default but based on some other field value. It would be great with there were some ability to say

Code: Select all

IF Bo.Attribute=‘Red’ then Bo.OtherAttribute IS MANDATORY
Whereby the UI then showed OtherAttribute with red * marker and the form evaluated like a mandatory field. I know at the moment I can REPORT ERROR but on a multi tabbed wizard form this means that the user can have moved quite far along by the point of save, whereas if the field had become mandatory they wouldn’t be able to move to the next tab.

Specified output for process after save viewtopic#45499 I’d like to be able to run a process after save and specify its output location - this is important when you are trying to save a form that is embedded into the VP for example save form and then change the form to be a non editable version or some other version based on the form contents.

My final fantasy wish would be to see rules building made more visual Camunda being an XML BMPN / DMN modeller that gave me this idea. This would make AIM more fully self documenting (and bring it up to the level of Mendix and OutSystems). Maybe by AIM10.0?
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Since we're all placing our Christmas lists to Santa Support...

On Saving a big (vertically high) form, the ability to return to the Anchor point where you were scrolled to, rather than refreshing to the top of the form (and therefore forcing the user to scroll down again), would be awesome....

(it's the number 2 ticket complaint from Customers).
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

Ability to insert the calendar widget into a visual perspective (along with Google maps, input controls and buttons)

Does this mean instead of building a query first or linking to external calendars? 
This means being able to put a calendar widget anywhere in your visual perspective like in this Kendo UI demo:

http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/calendar/index
Aware IM Support Team
rbross

Post by rbross »

1. With the Jasper updates will there be access to more than the 4 or 5 fonts it uses now? It would be nice to have access to more fonts.

2. Vertical and horizontal text on query column headers

3. X-Ray mode when placing multiple attributes on the same row on a form. If you could see the boarders of the titles and fields this would help you set the % values much faster. Maybe the preview mode in the configuration helps with this now?

4.Ability to add comments in Rules for a BO or Process. Like you can do in a CSS file.

5. Have buttons in the title bar and bottom bar be able to have access to the record in context like the buttons placed on the row. This would limit the places you would need to use a process to update an attribute in LIRU or have to use the check box “applies to multiple “ in a query. Although the check box is still useful when selecting multiple records to process.

6. The ability to see what records are in context, if it does not already exist someplace?
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
rbross

Post by rbross »

Cursor parks on the 1st field in a form by default(regardless of field type) or have a checkbox to set this option.
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Not only but also...

Proportional header width on grid columns or vertical heading on grids - I have wide grids with many small columns
UnionSystems

Post by UnionSystems »

Including Font Awesome's new version 5 would be nice.
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Having oAuth 2 "baked in" to the upcoming improvements in RESTful APIs. Now that would be SUPER nice.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

OAuth 1.0 and 2.0 WILL be supported for the new feature that allows consuming REST services.

Too many REST providers use it (including Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc). Without this support you wouldn't be able to use the new REST feature for many of such providers.
Aware IM Support Team
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

aware_support wrote:OAuth 1.0 and 2.0 WILL be supported for the new feature that allows consuming REST services.

Too many REST providers use it (including Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc). Without this support you wouldn't be able to use the new REST feature for many of such providers.
bravo
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t