Access Created By information on a Business Object

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Access Created By information on a Business Object

Post by Jhstephenson »

This may be a dumb question, but I will accesss anyway...

When setting up access levels for a Business Object I can specify that a specific Business Object/attribute within a BO, that the Creator of a Business Object can have full access.

In my mind that means that there must be some mechanism to identify who is the creator of each BO record.

If that is the case, is there somewhere that I can access that data?

For example, I want to display on a form somewhere who created the record and when.

Right now, I am just adding Created By and Created Timestamp attributes to my BO's and then plugging in the User and timestamp when the record is created.

If that "Created By" data is available someplace I wouldn't have to go to the trouble of adding those attributes.

Does that make any sense?

Thanks,
Jim
aware_support

Re: Access Created By information on a Business Object

Post by aware_support »

The "Created By" access levels are obsolete and should really be removed. They should be replaced with protection rules that check who the record was created by (you can use whatever mechanism you like to mark a record as created by someone). See the tutorial on multi-tenancy and protection rules for more details.
Aware IM Support Team
BobK

Re: Access Created By information on a Business Object

Post by BobK »

Does that make any sense?
Makes sense to me. I do the same with my own CreateBy and CreatedAt attributes.

Support, any chance of getting access to BASTIMESTAMP, like we have access to ID, to see when an object was last updated?
Bob