Strange printing issue ?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rbross

Strange printing issue ?

Post by rbross »

Hello,

I am having a strange printing issue when printing from the application hosted on AWS.
There is a process that uses PRINT DOCUMENT DocName
It is printing the document to my local printer not the actual user's local printer. If DISPLAY DOCUMENT DocName is used and the user prints the document then it prints to their default printer.
Is there someplace in Aware that the default printer gets set. I thought Aware knew what the user's default printer was?

Also, we are getting this error in Server Output "-Unable to connect to remote host our-domain-name.com Invalid username or password"
Is this password connected to the AWS password used to login to our AWS account for our hosted Instance?
I have not seen this error before.

Thanks...
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
rbross

Re: Strange printing issue ?

Post by rbross »

rbross wrote:Hello,

I am having a strange printing issue when printing from the application hosted on AWS.
There is a process that uses PRINT DOCUMENT DocName
It is printing the document to my local printer not the actual user's local printer. If DISPLAY DOCUMENT DocName is used and the user prints the document then it prints to their default printer.
Is there someplace in Aware that the default printer gets set. I thought Aware knew what the user's default printer was?
Thanks...

PRINT DOCUMENT issue resolved.

Not recommended to use PRINT DOCUMENT on Cloud-Based servers always use DISPLAY DOCUMENT...
Roger Ross
lineamovil

Post by lineamovil »

Hi, can you Share the solution?

best regards.
LineaMovil // Carlos Castillo
AwareIM Version 8.6
Windows Server 2021
MySQL Database 8.4
MEXICO
rbross

Post by rbross »

The solution was don't use Print Document when running AwareIM on a cloud-based server. AwareIM does not know about any local or network printers.
For what I understand about Print Document it only works if you are running AwareIM on the local machine or a local server on a network you are connected to.
Roger Ross
lineamovil

Post by lineamovil »

And did you used some other command or process? I want to print in a mini print.
AwareIM Version 8.6
Windows Server 2021
MySQL Database 8.4
MEXICO
rbross

Post by rbross »

lineamovil wrote:And did you used some other command or process? I want to print in a mini print.
What do you mean by mini print?
If AwareIM is running on a cloud-based server you cannot use Print Document, you have to use Display Document.
AwareIM does not recognize local printers.
You could try storing the values for a local printers location via an IP address or machine in SystemSettings or some other BO that held the printer location name maybe.

Print Document does allow you to select the printer location as one of its parameters.
Roger Ross
lineamovil

Post by lineamovil »

I want to print a ticket on a bluetooth mini printer. Being able to print from a mobile phone. And miniprinter as a default printer.
AwareIM Version 8.6
Windows Server 2021
MySQL Database 8.4
MEXICO
rbross

Post by rbross »

lineamovil wrote:I want to print a ticket on a bluetooth mini printer. Being able to print from a mobile phone. And miniprinter as a default printer.
ah, I see...
From what I know about printing from a mobile device you need to select the printer each time.
You might need to do a display document let AwareIM open the PDF then download it.
then open the document again on the mobile device and then from the menu options select print and select the printer to print to.
Not sure how to get it to print automatically to the printer. The mobile device may have a connection via Bluetooth but AwareIM does not that is where the issue lies...
Roger Ross
lineamovil

Post by lineamovil »

Thank you very much for taking this time to.answer. best regards..
AwareIM Version 8.6
Windows Server 2021
MySQL Database 8.4
MEXICO
rbross

Post by rbross »

lineamovil wrote:Thank you very much for taking this time to.answer. best regards..
No worries. If you find a solution please post it.
I know others would be interested in this issue.
You may want to try and reach out to Vlad and see what he has to say about this...
Roger Ross