Using a menu of actions in a query used to expand rows

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ask180

Using a menu of actions in a query used to expand rows

Post by ask180 »

Hi,

I am using the expansion of rows feature in a standard grid.

The first query lists some attributes, plus a number of possible actions (Edit, View etc) as a menu, with the button labelled Options, at the end of each row. Works fine.

The second query is configured the same - same attributes are listed, plus a number of other actions as a menu, with the button labelled Options, at the end of each row. Doesn't work. The button displays, but none of the defined options are listed. There are no 'applicability' conditions defined, so I can't see any reason for the menu not displaying. By the way, the data displays fine - the expansion from a data perspective works correctly.

interestingly, if I show the actions for the second query without checking the menu option (ie: they list out across the end of the row) then they display, and work. No change to any configuration other than showing them across the line rather than as a dropdown menu.

Anyone encountered this behaviour? I've reviewed all the options (there aren't many), and everything seems okay.