Package Aware app into native?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
hpl123

Package Aware app into native?

Post by hpl123 »

Will this work for Aware apps I wonder?
https://www.webviewgold.com

Sounds effing perfect :D
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
Jaymer

Re: Package Aware app into native?

Post by Jaymer »

Checked it out. Seems like it converts static “standard” websites to an app.
Doubt that’s for any database app.

I downloaded 2 of the examples from App Store:
FlightConnections - Went to a screen for forgot password and then got a 404 error and was stuck
GiftyDuck - problems logging in with google acct

So, both examples needed to login and didn’t get to see either site working.
Might be a good idea if you have a site with lots of static data and this lets you d/l it all so it works offline.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

The thing with this solution is, it creates an webview app and a webview essentially is a standalone browser that displays whatever URL the developer puts in (i.e it doesn´t matter if the webapp has a DB etc.) + it has features like local html page (for offline scenarios), push notifications, designrelated things like configure native app splashscreen and colors etc. etc. + additional functions. It is essentially a native browser "frame" builder. When it comes to app complexity, this is stated on the website "Excellent support for every kind of web app, HTML game, or high-end web application." so I THINK it should work for Aware apps. This is the problem thought, it SOUNDS ideal but is it? It seems to have good reviews on Codecanyon etc..
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Can you test it, Henrik, with an Aware IM app? You can create a zip file with an Aware IM app as you normally do for Phone Gap or Monaca and then see if they can handle it.
Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

aware_support wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:29 am Can you test it, Henrik, with an Aware IM app? You can create a zip file with an Aware IM app as you normally do for Phone Gap or Monaca and then see if they can handle it.
Well, don´t want to spend money on something just to test if it works. Another thing is, this solution is not a solution where you upload a zip I believe but rather create a project around the URL of your webapp (presented via a webview). With https://volt.build/ (my other post) you upload a zip file if anyone else wants to try it out.