Kanban Index Attribute

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
himanshu

Kanban Index Attribute

Post by himanshu »

Hi Support,

I have two queries regarding the understanding of Kanban "New Index" attribute which is used under the configuration.

1. "New Index attribute" - What type of datatype of such attribute should we always use? Timestamp data type attribute does it support?
2. Tool tip suggest this is a optional as shown in screenshot but there is no way to reset "none" once if any attribute is selected. Can we give a capability to select none in future build?
Kanban settings
Kanban settings
Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 6.33.16 AM.png (87.21 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
Jaymer

Re: Kanban Index Attribute

Post by Jaymer »

1. That should be a numeric field
2. Hitting escape on that field does not clear the combo value as it does it in runtime ?

FYI In my implementation, I use a stored procedure to re-number all of the sequence values after the new record has been dragged into that column.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
himanshu

Re: Kanban Index Attribute

Post by himanshu »

Thanks Jaymer for answering!

1. I thought the same but it never show error on 8.4 version. It just showed up error after 8.5 update.

2.Hitting escape on that field does not clear the combo value as it does it in runtime ? Yes, it does not work. Well still it would be nice to clear the selection by any way.
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL