How to Publish AwareIM Application

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
sabbirehal

How to Publish AwareIM Application

Post by sabbirehal »

Hi Group,
Just a newbie question. I didn't find any video on this. I tried publish the awareim application for test and when I try to open the application from my another pc within same network with ip address i.e. http://192.168.2.113:8080, it does not open anything. Also I did not find any way to unpublish it as all the setting changed to disabled which I used to put for testing.
Also I do not know what is mean by load minor version or load major version.
Can someone answer this.

Thanks
Sabbi
Jaymer

Re: How to Publish AwareIM Application

Post by Jaymer »

sabbirehal wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:01 am ...when I try to open the application from my another pc within same network with ip address i.e. http://192.168.2.113:8080, it does not open anything
What exactly DOES is do then?

Are you saying that from your development PC, you can to to http://192.168.2.113:8080 and it brings up the login screen?

What about http://192.168.2.113:8080/AwareIM/logonAdmin.html
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
sabbirehal

Post by sabbirehal »

Jaymer,

Ok great, I found this working with "http://192.168.2.113:8080/AwareIM/logonAdmin.html". Thank you.

Can you also answer my other questions:
1) How do I unpublish the app?
2) Can I publish multiple apps within same awareim environment?
3) What is mean by load minor version or load major version?

Thanks
Sabbi
sabbirehal

Post by sabbirehal »

Can someone answer my questions.

Thanks
joben

Post by joben »

sabbirehal wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:21 pm 1) How do I unpublish the app?
As far as I am aware, it is not possible.
sabbirehal wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:21 pm 2) Can I publish multiple apps within same awareim environment?
Yes. You can use the logonAdmin page to type which business space to connect to. You can also create a custom login page where the business space is already set, so you only need to specify username and password.
sabbirehal wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:21 pm 3) What is mean by load minor version or load major version?
It opens up the business space inside the config tool for browsing all your BO:s, processes, queries, etc. You need to load the business space before putting it in edit mode, testing mode etc.
Regards, Joakim

sabbirehal

Post by sabbirehal »

Thanks Joakim for the information.

The reason behind asking unpublishing is: I just published my one small app for testing purposes. Now I know it worked well from the outside. I need now to develop the app more so I simply wanted to unpublish and start working on the app in configurator development mode. It looks like I cannot open my app for further development. There must be a way to open the app even if it is published.

Thanks
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

You need to create a new minor version from the current version. Right click on current and select create minor then just ignore that detail screen and you’ll have a new version to start editing
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
sabbirehal

Post by sabbirehal »

Ok, I have loaded my new minor version and can even put the application to test and run it from the new minor version.
But the old published app is still accessible from the outside.
1) Is there any way I can delete or unpublish it? as I don't want it accessible from runtime.
2) Also another question if I do some data structure change to the new minor version does the old published app won't give error?
I actually tested by increasing one of the data field size and it did changed the size in test database but not in live database.
3) Is there any way I can sync the change to both database?

Thanks
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

sabbirehal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:06 pm But the old published app is still accessible from the outside.
1) Is there any way I can delete or unpublish it? as I don't want it accessible from runtime.
2) Also another question if I do some data structure change to the new minor version does the old published app won't give error?
I actually tested by increasing one of the data field size and it did changed the size in test database but not in live database.
3) Is there any way I can sync the change to both database?
1. the "old" published app is a different name/BSV? No way to unpublish. Only delete it. Make sure you export it 1st in case u need it again.
2. ok, I thought you said you dont want to use the 'old published app' -- but thats from "outside". Not sure I really understand.
So you DO want to publish an app, but just not make it available on the web?

2b) In any event, Aware always synchronizes these for you, just as you want/expect.
While in TEST, your field length increased. But not until you PUBLISH that version does Aware (for you, automatically, behind the scenes) apply all those database changes (add/del fields, etc). You generally don't have to worry about anything.

3. So, yes, after publish, both TEST and LIVE structures are identical.

When you create a BSV, its important to see whats on that screen.
You always want to make the new BSV tables in its own new area (not default), like this:
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 5.00.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 5.00.29 PM.png (23.34 KiB) Viewed 4986 times

Jaymer
sabbirehal

Post by sabbirehal »

Thanks Jaymer..