IncomingEmail using SystemSettings credentials, does not delete from server

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
joben

IncomingEmail using SystemSettings credentials, does not delete from server

Post by joben »

I recently started using the credentials stored in SystemSettings for the IncomingEmail feature.
It works, but I am having issues with deleting emails from the server and no way to control the refresh timer.

This is how the settings look like inside the Config Tool: (old credentials are impossible to delete for some reason, they keep reappearing)
The "delete from server" setting here worked fine when I used "Using values below". How do I control this now that I am using SystemSettings?

Whenever I save the SystemSettings form, AwareIM pulls a ton of previously fetched emails. I assume this wouldn't happen if the delete from server was working correctly. I wan't AwareIM to check the mail box every minute, but it seems like it's using the default setting of 300 minutes.

By the way, I am using the testing environment. It worked fine when using "Using values below".
Regards, Joakim

joben

Re: IncomingEmail using SystemSettings credentials, does not delete from server

Post by joben »

Alright, I switched to using the IncomingEmailAccount BO method as seen in the instructional video instead. It works as intended and I have the delete and refresh options.
Figured out I will be needing more than one account anyway, so no reason to struggle with SystemSettings.

The only thing I have to remember is to use a process with CONNECT TO EMAIL each time i put it in testing mode. Will probably be able to automate it with an initialization process or similar, so it is not an issue.
Regards, Joakim