Scanning directly from Aware app

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Scanning directly from Aware app

Post by Jhstephenson »

I have a system, built using a tool that shall not be named, that allows me to scan directly from the program and then link that to a record.

What I am doing is creating a document name, calling an OCX that accesses a scanner and initiates a document scan and creates a PDF using the name I created. I then create the record with an attribute pointing to the path where the document was created. None of this requires user intervention except loading the scanner.

Is that possible in Aware?

Right now, in Aware, I have the users open their scanning program, scan the document, and store it in a temporary location. Then in the Aware App they create a new document record and go select the document they just scanned.

It works that way, but it involves several extra steps. I would like to do it in one.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Jim
Jaymer

Re: Scanning directly from Aware app

Post by Jaymer »

Makes sense Jim.
I wanna way to do this too.
Physical scanning like you’re doing a good, but also taken an image with a plug-in, similar to the way Sam’s or Costco takes your membership picture, it would be great to do that directly on the form
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I’m sure someone has this in an AwareIM app right now.
The question is how much do they want for it?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

The scanners we are using come from Fujitsu. We are checking with them to see if they have any Java examples that we might be able to turn into a plugin.

Unfortunately I have no experience making plugins.
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

Hi Jim,

I like to take this challenge, PM me for further discuss.
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
intra

Post by intra »

Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500?
Avid Linux user....