Create Users in Batch Process

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Create Users in Batch Process

Post by Jhstephenson »

I am sure this is a dumb question, but is it possible to create a bunch of user records in a batch process?

I need to create a bunch of employee records, which BO is assigned to the SystemUser Group in a batch process.

Right now, I have a process that imports users from a csv to temporary BO. I then have a process that creates the actual Employee records from that temp BO.

My process looks like this:

FIND PRMAST WHERE PRMAST.imp_ExistsInEmployee<>'Yes' AND PRMAST.DATE_TERM IS UNDEFINED
CREATE Employee WITH Employee.DateHired=PRMAST.DATE_HIRED,Employee.DateOfBirth=PRMAST.DATE_BORN,Employee.EmployeeNumber=PRMAST.EMPL,Employee.Name=PRMAST.EMPNAME,Employee.Phone=PRMAST.PHONE,Employee.SocialSecurityNumber=PRMAST.SS_,Employee.LoginName=PRMAST.EMPL_Alpha,Employee.Location=PRMAST.temp_Location,Employee.Department=PRMAST.temp_scDepartment,Employee.Gender=PRMAST.temp_scGender

So, I set my BSV to test mode
Login as a user with Administrator access level
Run the import to the temporary BO
Review it to make sure it looks good -- it does
Run the process to create the New Employee records

Then aware locks up and after restarting it, when I go into the configurator and take it out of test mode and then try to put it back in
to test mode Aware gives me messages saying it can't build my tables because they already exist.

I have to delete every table, including the aware generated ones before I can put my app into test mode again.

Any ideas why this won't work?

Jim
Rennur

Re: Create Users in Batch Process

Post by Rennur »

Try:

Code: Select all

CREATE Employee FOR EACH PRMAST WITH ...