Tab Order frustrations - Why?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Tab Order frustrations - Why?

Post by Jaymer »

I've always been confused on these anomalies when tabbing on forms.
Here is an example - there has got to be a way to fix this.
Obviously, its faster to keep your hands on the keyboard than back & forth to the mouse.

Currently, either method works With the exception of 3 EXTRA TABS, you can select a template from combo with keyboard, tab into the message and then tab into [Save] and hit space bar. Boom, no mouse. Just annoying with the extra stops.
(Can prolly fix this with JS - but why? On every form?)

1) no tab orders, but why does the cursor stop on the Panel icons in the upper right?
path1-bad.png
path1-bad.png (44.58 KiB) Viewed 11503 times
2) WITH tab order, dumb thing still goes up there before I can tab enter [Save] button
path2-bad.png
path2-bad.png (54.09 KiB) Viewed 11503 times
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
gernotlg

Re: Tab Order frustrations - Why?

Post by gernotlg »

Did you find a work around for this ? Pretty annoying if the user TABs past the last field in the form and automatically hits ENTER.. (thinking they're about to hit Save) they end up either refreshing the record or cancel out of their changes.
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
Jaymer

Re: Tab Order frustrations - Why?

Post by Jaymer »

No, this is a Vlad issue at this point (But I haven't tried this specifically in a recent version).
Although its pretty easy with only 2 fields and a tab order.
But as I've said before when I report things... if no one else makes it an issue, then why should he put much effort into it if after years and many users, no one but Jaymer is having an issue with it?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL