user defined saved filters / columns

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

user defined saved filters / columns

Post by BLOMASKY »

Someone who is interested in Aware asked me if there is the ability for a user to create and SAVE filters, and to modify column layout and SAVE that for the next time. Is this possible in Aware?

Thanks

Bruce
rocketman

Re: user defined saved filters / columns

Post by rocketman »

Yes to column layouts. You need to add two items to the top panel toolbar. Can’t remember what they are called (on my mobile phone) They are pretty obvious - something like Save Settings and Restore Defaults.

You can also add in columns that are “Hidden Initially”

Not sure about filters - never tried that

Keep in mind that if you subsequently change a grid layout and publish a new version, those who have saved their layouts are going to see strange results. Expect some support calls.

They will have to restore defaults and redo their layouts Before saving them again. (I am still on 8.1 things may have changed)

Keep in mind also this is on a per user basis not a systemwide change
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
nhofkes

Post by nhofkes »

I think that the functionality of saving and restoring the column layout is also explained in one of the videos. I tried searching that particular video but couldn't find, unfortunately.
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

thanks guys. I have no need for that, but a potential customer does.

Bruce
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

Trying to play with end-user customization of a query and am running into problems. I can drag columns to re-order them, but when I restart the query, it is back to the original fields / order.

1). I see the save settings and restore setting as Panel operations, but have no idea what they do. They do not seem to save or restore anything.

2). If I have columns that are initially hidden, how can the end user display them? I see the mouse over option, but can the end user add a column that was initially hidden?

Thanks
Bruce
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Re 2) Click the three blobs next to any column heading, Go down to "Columns" The ones that aren't currently visible will be unticked, just tick them, then re-order them, then save settings. You should get a message that says something like "your settings have been saved" -

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmlhuKdaEBz0i-RRLU7 ... Q?e=WOiFHM

Why is is to ******* hard to paste an image in here
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5