Server update - modify aware.js

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
kklosson

Server update - modify aware.js

Post by kklosson »

Build 2826 says: "It is no longer necessary to change aware.js to support custom web application directory name"

This is great. This section of the aware.js (and aware.js_full) still has the webapp_prefix setting. Is there anyone who routinely modifies aware.js after an update who can verify this and share any other issues encountered in the latest update? I am going from 8.5 to 8.8.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
hpl123

Re: Server update - modify aware.js

Post by hpl123 »

kklosson wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:51 pm Build 2826 says: "It is no longer necessary to change aware.js to support custom web application directory name"

This is great. This section of the aware.js (and aware.js_full) still has the webapp_prefix setting. Is there anyone who routinely modifies aware.js after an update who can verify this and share any other issues encountered in the latest update? I am going from 8.5 to 8.8.
What does this mean, is it no longer needed to change a lot of files to change the web app directory name? I am moving from 8.5 to 8.8, do I need to do all of the steps I usually do or are there less needed steps or can this be configured 1 place inside Aware now possibly?

Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I'm sorry, your response is not clear to me. My issue is that when I install a platform update my production server, I have to set several settings in AwareIM and Tomcat configuration files regarding my site cert and the fact that I don't use the AwareIM directory as the app folder. One change is to modify aware.js and aware.js_full to change the webapp prefix from AwareIM folder to my folder name. The change log indicates this is no longer necessary, so I'm just curious if others who do this have updated and should I really just skip this step and be assured it will work.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

kklosson wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:03 pm I'm sorry, your response is not clear to me. My issue is that when I install a platform update my production server, I have to set several settings in AwareIM and Tomcat configuration files regarding my site cert and the fact that I don't use the AwareIM directory as the app folder. One change is to modify aware.js and aware.js_full to change the webapp prefix from AwareIM folder to my folder name. The change log indicates this is no longer necessary, so I'm just curious if others who do this have updated and should I really just skip this step and be assured it will work.
I think we are wondering the same thing. I change my app folder from "AwareIM" to "app" and have done that for years by changing it in 6 or 7 different config files and your question and the changelog entry could be interpreted as that not being needed any longer so my question is, is this not needed any longer (or is it no longer needed just in that file) and if not, how is this configured now in recent versions?
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

kklosson wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:03 pm One change is to modify aware.js and aware.js_full to change the webapp prefix from AwareIM folder to my folder name.
can't remember ever doing this,
and generally don't run in AwareIM
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Right. If you don't change the name of the webapps\AwareIM folder, then this is not necessary.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I have validated that as the changelog states, you don't need to do this when using a different folder name other than AwareIM.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit