Display Buttons at Bottom of Form

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
gernotlg

Display Buttons at Bottom of Form

Post by gernotlg »

Is there a way to display the buttons on the actual bottom of a form ?

Because despite the new "1. Ability to specify "bottom of the form" "... They still only display at the bottom of (underneath) the tab.

So if the form height is set, and you have say multiple sub-forms in either tabs or a wizard style, the buttons still display underneath the bottom of the tab, instead of at the bottom of the form.

This is so messy and unprofessional looking. User changes tabs or Next / Prev in wizard... and the buttons bounce around like a spastic made it. Even adding a few extra blank lines doesn't help either, especially if one of the tabs has a grid in it.

is there some render script that will make the buttons stay in one place ?
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
aware_support

Re: Display Buttons at Bottom of Form

Post by aware_support »

Not sure what you are talking about. If you attach some screenshots it may help.
Aware IM Support Team
gernotlg

Post by gernotlg »

Bottom1.JPG
Bottom1.JPG (78.6 KiB) Viewed 56169 times
Bottom2.JPG
Bottom2.JPG (58.73 KiB) Viewed 56169 times
Bottom3.JPG
Bottom3.JPG (53.94 KiB) Viewed 56169 times
Bottom4.JPG
Bottom4.JPG (16.34 KiB) Viewed 56169 times
Bottom5.JPG
Bottom5.JPG (26.19 KiB) Viewed 56169 times
Form Height Works fine. The White part of the form stays in one spot.
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I still don't understand what the problem is. Can you highlight the problem area(s)? What do width and height have to do with anything?
Aware IM Support Team
gernotlg

Post by gernotlg »

Bottom3.JPG
Bottom3.JPG (65.8 KiB) Viewed 56151 times
Height has to do with the height of the form. When I change the height, the form height changes, and this works correctly, and the Form stays exactly the same size and in the same position on the screen when I change between tabs (or if it's in Wizard Mode with Prev/Next).

The problem is: The Buttons move up and down depending on how much height the content of the form take up, and the buttons display directly under the bottom most item of the form. (As you can see by the 3 consecutive screen shots), instead of them staying at the bottom of the form.

"Bottom of Form" would suggest that the buttons should appear at the bottom of the form.

I know this works somehow, as one of the systems my customer logs into has a wizard style form (which actually looks like it's made with AwareIM), and the popup form stays in the middle of the screen, and the size stays the same and the buttons don't move up or down when moving between wizard steps. This way, the buttons are always in the same place on the form, which is not only better if the user just needs to press NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, but is also neat and tidy and looks and feels professional.
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There is a checkbox "Stretch the form to the bottom of the screen" - try ticking it.
Aware IM Support Team
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Instead of bottom of the form place buttons in bottom panel and they will stay in place when you define the form height.

If you don’t want the box around it use CSS to remove
gernotlg

Post by gernotlg »

aware_support wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:00 am There is a checkbox "Stretch the form to the bottom of the screen" - try ticking it.
This works when displaying the form in the panel ('default' selected as "Output").

It Doesn't work when using Popup.

The form is displayed from a query, either from an ADD Button in Panel Operations or EDIT Button in Operations with Records, so Popup would be more suited, especially for EDIT, as the user would expect to be returned to the same place in the Query after the form closes after an Edit. Which only really works if the form is Popup.
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
gernotlg

Post by gernotlg »

PointsWell wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:01 am Instead of bottom of the form place buttons in bottom panel and they will stay in place when you define the form height.

If you don’t want the box around it use CSS to remove
I'm assuming you mean Bottom Panel Toolbar... I can't see an option for Bottom Panel.

Anyway... I wish that was true and it worked, but it doesn't work in either the Panel(Default) or as a Popup.

Maybe you have some CSS to keep there ??
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
gernotlg

Post by gernotlg »

Anything ? Anyone ?
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We have sent you an invoice for a support ticket.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please send us a BSV for testing along with the description of the issue and the steps we need to perform to reproduce the issue starting from blank data.
Aware IM Support Team