V9 Theme Upgrade Advice

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
RLJB

V9 Theme Upgrade Advice

Post by RLJB »

Has anyone updated to V9 that was previously using Bootstrap theme?

If so, what new theme in V9 did you select (Bootstrap3 or Bootstrap4 etc) and how much CSS work did you need?

We just did some trail V9 update and the new themes look terrible for us, going to need significant CSS work.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
joben

Re: V9 Theme Upgrade Advice

Post by joben »

I think I have tried all the themes, and there is not one that is identical to the old bootstrap theme.
The closest (in my opinion) is called "CLASSIC SILVER".
All themes nowadays seem to use high contrast, so no greyish background color on forms, so you need to fix it with CSS if you don't want it to look like the fields are floating in mid-air.

I have started editing the CSS and commenting with /*V9 Fix*/.
Some of the previous CSS changes I have made with the old theme are broken in V9 because of different class names or different structure.

Very interested to hear other opinions.
Regards, Joakim

customaware

Re: V9 Theme Upgrade Advice

Post by customaware »

Yeah....Some significant changes.

I have opted for Default Ocean Blue which is pretty good.
Only thing I don't like about it is that it does not respect centering of column headers in Grids.
Cheers,
Mark