Aware IM on MS Vista

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PEFS

Aware IM on MS Vista

Post by PEFS »

I recently upgraded my computer (specifically to achieve better AwareIM performance during development). I, like many, purchased a new computer with the lovely MS Vista. So far, no major complaints from me on how Vista operates (other than it being a major Ram hog and is basically XP with a pretty face).

My question: Has anyone noticed that scrolling causes the configuration tool to scramble adjoining lines so that some of the lines are illegible? This only occurs if I scroll through a list with a mouse. It appears to operate fine if I click through a list using the scroll bar. To fix the problem I have to take the focus off of the configuration tool and then click back on the tool. Once this is done the data is legible.

I've also noticed that I get a large number of Tomcat page errors that I did not receive on the same business spaces when used on XP. So far, nothing that appears to be permanent...just temporary errors.

Any feedback from Users or Aware would be appreciated.
Elmar

Post by Elmar »

I have the same issue. Probably a Java incompatibilty with Vista, right?

All the best,
Elmar
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

Most probably. Microsoft does not have java compatibility at the top of its compatibility list....

Aware Support - Have you used JBoss, Tomcat, AwareIM Server and the Configuration tool in a Vista environment? Have you experienced any issues that we should be aware of? I have noticed a large number of Tomcat errors that occur, and upon refresh, seem to correct themselves. I don't mind refreshing a screen, but my users may be left with the impression that the system is undependable. I remember all of the hurdles moving from 2000 to XP and all of the incompatibility issues with different devices, drivers and software programs. Hopefully, this will not impact your system as much.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We haven't tested it on Vista yet. We will. We do not expect any nasty surprises, though.
Aware IM Support Team