Rule Language Help?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
cchappell

Rule Language Help?

Post by cchappell »

I have an object named Trans which is linked to an external db and an object named QuotesSold which is and Regular AwareIm Object. Both objects have the same attributes.

Attributes are
.DbAction = Plain Txt Attribute
.TranId = Date Attribute

I want to find all Trans objects that are between a certain date that also have a DbAction = 'Appointment' (This part seems easy enough)

I want to create a QuoteSold object for each trans object with matching attributes only if there is not currently a QuoteSold object with matching attributes. I can't seem to figure out this part...I have searched the forum for ideas and found some post on duplicates....But didn't seem to help.

Anyone have ideas?
cchappell

Here is was did to try and test and find the problem

Post by cchappell »

FIND Trans WHERE Trans.DBAction='Appointment' AND NOT(EXISTS QuotesSold WHERE (QuotesSold.TranId=Trans.TranId))

Internal error. Error reading business object. Invalid object name BASTESTDOMAINDEFAULT_QUOTESSOLD

:cry:
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Is the QuotesSold a temporary object (not persisted in the database)?
Aware IM Support Team
cchappell

Persistence

Post by cchappell »

Persistense for the QuotesSoldObject is Database:AwareIM Automatic.

I did copy the object named Trans (which is an object with persistence Database Existing: External) and then renamed to QuotesSold and then change the persistense to Database:AwareIM Automatic.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We are unable to reproduce this. Do you remember exactly what you did - the detailed sequence of steps?
Aware IM Support Team