Context in Processes

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
eyeargan

Context in Processes

Post by eyeargan »

Assuming objects Vehicle and Results (owned by object Member)

And assuming I have a Query called 'VehicleSearch' that searches object Vehicle by form and this Process called 'VehicleResults':

DISPLAY VehicleSearch
FIND Results WHERE Results.Owner.ID=LoggedInMember.ID
DELETE Results
CREATE Results WITH Results.Type='Vehicles'
INSERT Vehicle IN Results.Vehicles

--------------------------
I believe that the Vehicles found in the first line of the Process should still be in context for the last line (INSERT).

When I run this, the search form appears and results are found.
When I check the Results, however, while it has been correctly deleted and created with proper Type = 'Vehicles', no Vehicles have been inserted.

Ideas?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

DISPLAY action does not put the search results into the context - it just displays them on the screen. You need to either use FIND action that will put found vehicles into the context but will not display the results to the user or you should use the PICK FROM action that will display initial search results to the user and will wait for him to pick certain vehicles. Those vehicles that he picks will be placed in the context.
Aware IM Support Team
eyeargan

GOAL: To return to search results

Post by eyeargan »

I have a Query by Form on BO Members.
From query results, operation VIEW shows Member Details in custom presentation.
From Member Details presentation, I need to return to search results.

This seems like a VERY common process.

My ideas are:

1. Open Member Details in a new Browser Window.
(This would make it possible to return to the query results exactly as they were, even if user is on page 25.)

2. Use BO "Results" with attribute "Members" to hold the search results, then place a link on the Member Details presentation to a process that would Display Query (FIND Member WHERE Member IN Results.Members)

I would prefer solution 1, but I can't find a way to open a custom presentation in a new browser window.

I could live with solution 2, even though it would send my user back to the beginning of the query results, which is not very convenient.

My strategy for solution 2 is:
FIND QueryNameA (by form)
INSERT Member IN Results.Members
DISPLAY QueryNameB (from Results.Members)

PROBLEM:
When using FIND for a query by form, the process does NOT present the search form, but simply proceeds to "Operation Successful".

Why does the system skip the form?

As this is a very common structure (query to detail and back), can you suggest a proper method?

Thanks