problems with updated references

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pkesch

problems with updated references

Post by pkesch »

Dear all,

I am running into problems with changes in configuration. Here a description of the problem:

I had 2 BOs:

companies and contacts

now I linked those two together. I created aa attribute "employees" in companies and linked it to contacts.
In the BO contacts I had one attribute called title1 with a choice list (holding Mr., Mrs, Herr, Frau....)
In the presentation of employees I had the title1 attribute activated and everything worked well.

Now, for better optical presentation and handling I created a new BO called titles1 and created a new Attribute in contacts which I linked to titles1.names (which is the only attribute in titles1).

In order to have this now displayed in the BO companies.employees I created a shortcut in employees with reference to titles.name1.

Usually this works fine when I do so from the early beginning. But now, after changing the attributes I can not select the reference to titles.name1 in the presentation as the attribute is not shown (I guess due to the change the list is not updated!)

When I delete the reference of employees in companies and create it new (same procedure with reference and shortcut) all works fine.

However, I do not want to do this as I will loose all my productive data which is linked due to this reference (and I have to recreate my queries ...)

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I have version 2.3 build 966 running

Best regards,
Peter
tford

Post by tford »

Peter,
In order to have this now displayed in the BO companies.employees I created a shortcut in employees with reference to titles.name1.
Did you mean the shortcut was created in the contacts BO?

Tom
pkesch

Post by pkesch »

Tom,

exactly. I created the shortcut in contacts BO.

Sorry for the missleading description.....

Best regards,
Peter
tford

Post by tford »

Peter,

I was able to duplicate your steps & everything seemed to work OK. It's hard to say what the difference is without seeing your BSV. PM me if you'd like me to take a look at your BSV.

Tom
pkesch

Post by pkesch »

Hi Tom,

after installing the latest build (977) all works fine....

I have no clue what happened before... I had to do several of those changes and none worked.

Now all is ok.

Best regards and thanks a lot!
Peter