Relating an object to itself

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
greg

Relating an object to itself

Post by greg »

I want to relate one instance of a business object to another instance of the same business object. Let’s say the object name is BO and related attributes are A1 and A2. As it was suggested by the AwareIm support team, I first created attribute A1 of type BO. At that stage I wasn’t allowed to create or to select a matching attribute. Then I created A2 of the same type BO and these two attribute A1 and A2 became matching attributes. My problem is there were no attribute available to display in presentation setup window. When I looked up in the sample Library configuration, there are 2 attributes in ContactNote which are related and there is a choice of attributes to display. Can somebody help me?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I am not sure I understand the question. By presentation setup window you mean presentation of either A1 or A2?

If so, then in order to have any attributes available to display referred object (in this case BO) must have at least one non-reference attribute defined. If you didn't have any other attributes on BO apart from A1 and A2 then nothing will be available for display.
Aware IM Support Team