starting and stopping from command line

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes. Change to the AwareIM/bin directory and run the startAwareIM.bat script. This will start the ControlPanel. Run startAwareIMNoGUI.bat to start Aware IM that does not display any GUI.
Aware IM Support Team
technopak

Post by technopak »

Thanks support,

Is it also possible to stop Aware using a script ?

Peter
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, not at the moment.
Aware IM Support Team
kklosson

Re: starting and stopping from command line

Post by kklosson »

Dear Support,
Is it now possible to stop the Control Panel given various changes since this thread was last addressed?
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Should be possible if you just know the process names of Aware and is the 3 different java ones I think. Not sure if it messes something else up and if Java/Aware starts up gracefully when restarting but should think so.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
nhofkes

Post by nhofkes »

Just so that I understand this discussion correctly: is the above all related to AwareIM running on a Mac? Because I thought that under Windows you can run the AIM server as a service which (I assume) implies that you don't need to run the Control Panel to run the server.
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

You can run as a service but some choose not to, for whatever reason. It appears that CP.exe simply spawns the Java services so killing CP.exe does nothing and support has indicated that stopping the services in this mode is not advised, though I do stop and start the services via a script on an instance that runs as a service with no issues. This might be different.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit