Connection error with form preview

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Rebecca

Connection error with form preview

Post by Rebecca »

When I am using the Configuration Tool, and I wish to preview a form, I click on the preview button. When I do this, I get the error message: 'The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:8080' when Mozilla is opening. Is there something I need to change to direct the connection to the server? This error message also displays when I try to 'test' the configuration. I need to connect to the server by typing the address in manually before I can log in. My UIConfig.prop file has the last 4 lines as follows:-
HostServerPort=9000
SystemPort=9000
WebServer=localhost
HostServer=r2053ws001548
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Dear Rebecca,

if you are running the Configuration Tool remotely with the Aware IM Server being on a separate machine, then you will need to change the "WebServer" setting in the UIConfig.props file to point to the server machine:

WebServer=r2053ws001548

Please let us know if this doesn't help.
Aware IM Support Team
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

This didn't help. What next?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

When Aware IM previews a form it connects to a web server using the following parameters defined in the UIConfig.props file:

a) WebServer
b) WebServerPort

If it cannot find the first parameter, it defaults to localhost. If it cannot find the second parameter it defaults to 8080.

If your error message says that it cannot connect to localhost:8080, then both parameters are not defined in the file. Are you sure these settings are defined in your UIConfig.props file? (the file must be in the same directory where you start Aware IM - presumably BIN).

Does the error message change if you change any of these settings in the file?
Aware IM Support Team
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

I have both the WebServer and the WebServerPort defined in my UIConfig.props file. They are defined as follows:-
WebServerPort=8080
WebServer=r2053ws001548
What should I try next?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Does the error message change if you change the WebServer or WebServerPort settings in the file?
Aware IM Support Team
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

I tried changing both settings, then changing them back again, and now the preview button works when I click on it. Maybe I did something wrong before. But I have another related problem as well which I thought would be fixed when I fixed the preview problem, but isn't. When I want to test the configuration after having made changes, I select 'test' from the drop-down menu. Then I click on the 'Log in to Operation Mode' icon on the menu bar at the top of the configuration tool, but when it opens Mozilla, it gives me the message 'The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:8080'
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please add the following line to your UIConfig.props file (or change the existing setting if already there):

OperationMode=http://r2053ws001548:8080/AwareIM/logon.jsp

(this includes the name of your web server instead of the default localhost)
Aware IM Support Team
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

Great. That works now.
Thanks