Tree Menu Question

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
NBDAB

Tree Menu Question

Post by NBDAB »

Does anyone know if it is possible to do the following.

We have a CRM type application which will have several customers, several offices, and contacts per customer. BO's (Customer, Office and Contacts)

We wanted to know if it is possible for the system to create a Vertical or Tree Menu based on BO's

So on the left side of our app we could have a tree menu which is created based on our Customers Clients so the hierarchical levels would be

Customer
Office.Name
Contacts.Name
Contacts.Name
Office.Name
Contacts.Name
Office 3
Contacts

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, currently the menu is always static, unless you create your own custom menu that would use HTML hyperlinks and Aware IM Javascript functions.
Aware IM Support Team
NBDAB

txs

Post by NBDAB »

thanks for the fast responce
tford

Post by tford »

It wouldn't be exactly a menu, but you can link to various levels of BO info using a Custom Presentation.

I do something like that where I have what looks like a menu/list of Countries presented via a Custom Presentation. When the user clicks on a Country name, the country name is passed to the process which goes to a screen for that specific Country.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

aware_support wrote:No, currently the menu is always static, unless you create your own custom menu that would use HTML hyperlinks and Aware IM Javascript functions.
Just wondering if this has changed sine posted? Dynamic navigation based on client data would be mighty slick!
tford

Post by tford »

You can do some things with Presentations that can function as a dynamic menu.
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

I'll check it out, but I suspect that would get pretty complex since I have visibility rules Based on user access levels. Maybe I would enforce them using READ PROTECT?
DeFactoSA

Re:

Post by DeFactoSA »

tford wrote:You can do some things with Presentations that can function as a dynamic menu.
I would be very interested in seeing how this works. Has anyone managed to create a dynamic menu yet?
Thanks
Helen - AwareIM Dev Ed v9 - MySql - on Windows Server
tford

Re: Tree Menu Question

Post by tford »

Hi Helen,

The BSV I referred to in my post from 10 years ago is no longer in use. Otherwise, I'd be glad to provide screenshots.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Perhaps someone can give some pointers.
DeFactoSA

Post by DeFactoSA »

We have a business object, BODoc. Attributes are Title, Type, Document (which is effectively a reference object to multiple documents relating to a title - the display would be a grid with links to the files in the storage system), ExpiryDate. For as long as the ExpiryDate has not been reached, we would like the Title to appear in the menu under “Documents” drop down. This Title should be clickable and should navigate to a view where the user can see the list of documents and download the relevant ones.
Helen - AwareIM Dev Ed v9 - MySql - on Windows Server
UnionSystems

Post by UnionSystems »

We enable client management of their Visual Perspective menus by using <<MyObject.MyAttribute>> tags in the Visual Perspective menu Name field and enabling disabling through expressions in the menu Condition when invisible field. This does not enable dynamic creation of new menu entries but its does enable the renaming and hiding of menus by the client. We use the LIRU for context and have reference BOs from it to store the menu names and visibility.
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6