Can't fix my mistake

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BobK

Can't fix my mistake

Post by BobK »

I have a query that displays certain orders.

If an order is complete, its status (defined as Plain Text) will be '5 - Complete' and I want these to have a different background color in the query results.

In 'Display Query Results' I press 'Item rules...',
entered order.status in the top line of Condition 1
and 5 - Complete in the second line.

Saved every thing and tried to put the BS under test and got the following error:
'Business Space version is inconsistent and cannot be tested...'
Check integrity showed:
'rule uses business object Complete which has not been found'

I realized that I forgot the quotes around 5 - Complete in the 'Item rules...' for the above query.

When I try to correct this I get the following error when pressing 'Item rules...'
'rule uses business object Complete which has not been found'
and the 'Presentation Rules' form does not appear and I can not correct my mistake.

Someone please tell me how to correct my mistake with out having to delete this version of my BS and re-enter all of my changes since creating this version.
Bob
BobK

Post by BobK »

Could not wait any longer.

Deleted the query and recreated it correctly.

Hopefully there is a better solution, but at least I did not delete the entire BS version.
Bob
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

That sounds like something I've visited before. If I remember, you can get out of that by deleting the query in the text display and entering it again without the items that are no longer germane.

Or something like that.
technopak

Post by technopak »

Hi,

I got around this very issue by creating the object that the system was complaining about - in your case Complete. Yep, I created an object called Complete with just a single text attribute.

Then save the changes to your BSV and then go to your item rules and insert the ' marks as required. That's it !

Oh and don't forget to delete the Complete object when you have fixed your item rules :-)

Peter