Render a query in a form?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
nlarson

Render a query in a form?

Post by nlarson »

Just wondering if there is any way to do this? I tried adding an HTML cell with javascript:AwareApp.runQuery (‘QueryName’,'') but it renders as text. I was able to create a link which renders the query in a new tab using <a href="javascript:AwareApp.runQuery ('All Goals', 'new_tab');">test</a> So seems like no, but wanted to try to confirm that.

I could create a reference attribute for each BO but that adds a layer of complexity which should not be needed and it would still only be a partial solution for this use case.

I am guessing that a report required, but let's face it the days of print reports as a primary source of data are long past. Users want the real time iteration of dashboards and mutli-sourced data so I was hoping to render this on the fly.

Anyone have some suggestions? Thanks.
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

to head off the suggestion, yes I've considered using a VP for this and it is my primary fallback plan... :)
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

so, not possible? On my original issue I created a VP which worked, but I have figured out another use case for this and I don't think a VP will work at all this time.
customaware

Post by customaware »

Hi nlarson,

Did you ever work out how to do this please?
Cheers,
Mark
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

As far as i know, it can't be done
customaware

Post by customaware »

Thanx for coming back to me.

I assumed that was the case but would have been nice if there had been some little trick to get around the limitation.
Cheers,
Mark
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

Indeed. Seems like one of those head scratch-er type limitations to me.