Ideas for reference instance in a query result

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
nlarson

Ideas for reference instance in a query result

Post by nlarson »

I am trying to figure out a way to make a social wall/feed that includes comments. and other reference data. Similar to LinkedIn, facebook, etc. Something like...

- Instance
- Comment 1
- Comment 2
- Comment 3

- Instance 2
- Comment 1
- Comment 2

etc.

Any ideas/tips on how that could be made to happen?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

A tree is one option.

Otherwise, you probably need some custom component...
Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Nlarson,
Came across this service just after reading your post and thought it might work to create a custom (not native) solution for this.
https://moot.it/

I have also posted another post in the forum about custom RSS (html widget) and that might be another option for creating a custom (not native) solution.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

Nice tool, thanks!
Independent Developer
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

anyone use moot.it in aware yet - care to report back on results?
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

I took a look but do not think it will work for what I am after.
hpl123

Moot

Post by hpl123 »

I haven´t tried it either but I might. I think it can work great. Others if you try it please share your experience.
Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
Rennur

Post by Rennur »

nlarson

Post by nlarson »

More like LinkedIn's activity feed than Chatter.
Marsh

Re: Ideas for reference instance in a query result

Post by Marsh »

I found this post from a few years back and wondered if someone found a way of doing this? I am a newbie to awareim, but would like to include a social feed like this in the app I am building. Basically where a user posts a comment in a wall and others within the application can comment on that post. Pretty much how it was specified in the original post here. I would prefer to keep this in awareim, so wondered if this had been achieved or some one had built an add-on of sorts? If so would you share your method? :D

Cheers!
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Marsh wrote:I found this post from a few years back and wondered if someone found a way of doing this? I am a newbie to awareim, but would like to include a social feed like this in the app I am building. Basically where a user posts a comment in a wall and others within the application can comment on that post. Pretty much how it was specified in the original post here. I would prefer to keep this in awareim, so wondered if this had been achieved or some one had built an add-on of sorts? If so would you share your method? :D

Cheers!
I'm thinking of building something like that in Aware, where all my users have some sort of "Private Club" to discuss things related to the app.
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

BenHayat wrote:
Marsh wrote:I found this post from a few years back and wondered if someone found a way of doing this? I am a newbie to awareim, but would like to include a social feed like this in the app I am building. Basically where a user posts a comment in a wall and others within the application can comment on that post. Pretty much how it was specified in the original post here. I would prefer to keep this in awareim, so wondered if this had been achieved or some one had built an add-on of sorts? If so would you share your method? :D

Cheers!
I'm thinking of building something like that in Aware, where all my users have some sort of "Private Club" to discuss things related to the app.
Let me know how you go, I am still learning but interested in keeping this topic going and updated. Social chatter is now becoming a must have feature of any saas to allow for collaboration.
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Marsh wrote:Social chatter is now becoming a must have feature of any saas to allow for collaboration.
Exactly! That's a great way to keep your customers, SUBSCRIBED! :)
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

I'm doing some research to see if we can use "Share" feature of FB within Aware. By using FB Developer API, an Aware user to post/share info. on their FB page to share with their friends who are not Aware users. This can be a great way of promoting your product.
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/overview

Another idea is to create a self contained Social media feature right in your Aware app for your Aware users to communicate and share under the umbrella of Aware system.