Report - Placing one Line item per page as opposed to a grid

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Report - Placing one Line item per page as opposed to a grid

Post by ACDC »

Any report experts out there ?

I am trying to figure out how to create a Quote with Line Items "per page" as opposed to Line items "in a grid" on one page

This is for a proposal type layout where each Quote Line Item has up to 12 extended description attributes

So there is a covering page, which basically picks up the data from the Quote object and then there are multiple pages attached with each page dedicated to a single line item of the quote.

I have managed to get something working using LIST (...) but the problem comes when there is more than one Line Item in the Quote.The second Line Item starts at the beginning of the page1 under the first attribute, I want it to start on a new page.

So line Item 1 is on page 1 , Line item 2 is on page 2 etc etc etc

The report wants to continue in a grid fashion, and I want it to continue in a a paged fashion

Has anyone done this kind of layout before ? as I really could use some help here.

I am wondering if this is at all possible ?
customaware

Post by customaware »

Hi ACDC,

Did you ever work out how to do this?

If so, pray tell?
Cheers,
Mark
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Yes , I managed to get this working nicely after spending time in the user guide and understanding how the Groups addition in the bands property of the document works

Basically the items section of the document has a Group added to the bands properties and in this section under the properties at the bottom of the form "condition of group printing" insert the item to group on. eg QuoteItem.ProductCode. (a new page will start for each item in the list)

So there are two documents, FrontPage and ItemsPage. The front page has a normal layout with the items embeddded and the ItemsPage is where the grouping is managed and the layout of the item

hope that makes sense