Common Data for Multiple BSVs

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
customaware

Common Data for Multiple BSVs

Post by customaware »

Imagine I have an app (BSV) that manages Human Resources issues and another (BSV) that manages payroll.

What is the best way to utiise a single source of data for Employees between the two apps so as to avoid having to enter and maintain all of the employees in two places?

I know I could add Payroll to the HR app but that is becoming to cumbersome.

Basically, multiple BSVs that point to the same physical data for some but not all BOs.
Cheers,
Mark
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

Use the AwareIM external database connection option ( create a BO which connects to your other BSV's table(s) ) .
Independent Developer
www.atwing.com
customaware

Post by customaware »

I have tried that.

Seems it has some issues.

Cannot see the ID attribute to allocate as Primary Key
LoginName does not show up in the secondary BSV
Same for password
Hidden attributes show up but are not really necessary.

Also.....when specify you need to enter the Database. Hence if you enter BASDBTEST that sort of works but then when you deploy you would have to go and manually change them all to BASDB
Cheers,
Mark
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Take a look at web services from one Aware IM business space to the next. It will give you similar data to the DB connection but should allow you to have a single source for your user BO. You will need to construct the consumption of the web service return data coming back such that it either updates or adds users based on your needs.
-Bryan
Version 8 (Build 2358)