Time taken to go into test

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
RLJB

Time taken to go into test

Post by RLJB »

Since upgrading to 5.7 we have business spaces taking a very long time to go into test (7 minutes plus)

- We are using MySQL 5.5 and Linux (Ubuntu) servers that are fully powered (16GB of RAM etc)

- When we start a new business space and import an existing BSV it goes into test fast for like the first 3 add times, then it starts to slow and slow until a few days later, when there still isn't a lot of data, it takes 7 minutes

Can others please report if they are experiencing any slowness in going into test?

Tks.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
Rennur

Post by Rennur »

My BSV is 1.5mb, lots of objects, attributes etc.

To put under test

Check integrity ticked: Just > 1min
Check integrity un-ticked: 10 seconds

FYI my current setup
AwareIM: 5.7
JAVA JDK: Version 7 Update 45 64Bit (Not sure what the Out-of-box version is)
Tomcat: Version 6.0.37 64Bit (Out-of-box: 32bit Version 6.0.35)
Tomcat: lib>tools.jar replaced with latest java JDK tools.jar
MySQL: Version 5.5.34 64Bit
MySQL Connector/J: Version 5.1.26 (Not sure what the Out-of-box version is, but i think its 3.1.12)
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

No issues with 5.7. Have very large BSV, no time increases on previous versions of AwareIM.

Not what you want to hear I guess.

Cheers Rod
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

thanks guys, it's helpful regardless
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

I have a 18Mb bsv, takes 4-5 min at first publish in an other machine ( test is ok, takes 1 mn ). Server has 18 GB RAM.
I know it is due to the Rules listed on bsv.
Independent Developer
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
I have a couple of bsv's that are very slow to test. One of them is over 10 minutes to go into test mode. That same bsv takes over 20 minutes when uploading a new version via operation mode.

This has definitely only started to occur in the past two months. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one.

Cheers,
Pete
Pete Bradstreet
Contract developer of commercialized applications

AwareIM Ver. 8.2
Gabbitas

Post by Gabbitas »

My BSV is 1.7mb and was taking up to 20mins to go into test mode. When publishing it would take about 2mins to publish but then the initial login would take 18mins to load in the operation mode.

I then upgraded to MySQL5.6 (a couple of weeks ago) and these times instantly came down to about 2mins for test mode and less than 1min to publish. Initial login to operation mode was about 30 secs.

Unfortunately these times seem to be slowly increasing again. It currently takes 6 mins to test and about 5 mins to publish. My worry is that these times will continue to increase and before to long I will be waiting twenty minutes just to test! Worse than that I fear I will start to get the 'AwareIm server is not responding' error again!!

I'm really no expert and am purely guessing, but is it possible that there is a table or some temp directory somewhere that needs flushing out from time to time?

I don't know when this started to happen for me but at first I thought it was just a slow increase in times due to my BSV getting bigger by the week...maybe not?

Thanks
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Support, it would seem that there are at least three of us that are experiencing this issue. Any ideas?
Pete
Pete Bradstreet

AwareIM Ver. 8.2
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

May be connected - maybe not but the other day whilst searching for something else, I discovered about 600 duplicate items in c:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM

They all seem to be copies of picture images. It would seem that whenever a user calls up a page with a picture on it, that image gets duplicated as a file outside of AwareIM and just never gets deleted. I recovered about 1Gb of disk space.

It occurred to me that if your drives are a bit on the full side and your memory usage is getting near limits there might be some issues on windows servers especially with the virtual disk space and disk swapping

.... just a thought - probably way off the mark
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

I have not yet hit such extream times, but I also am seeing longer times when converting to test
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Rocketman - we also suffer this issue (have right from the beginning) it is an annoyance that we have to clean up the disk space every month, I also wish it would be fixed. BUT it isn't the cause of recent slowness as we have always had this factor in our environment.
tford

Post by tford »

Probably not the cause of your issue, but I've found that the time to put BSVs in test dramatically increases as the number of obsolete versions accumulate. I am pretty aggressive about deleting obsolete versions.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

tford wrote:Probably not the cause of your issue, but I've found that the time to put BSVs in test dramatically increases as the number of obsolete versions accumulate. I am pretty aggressive about deleting obsolete versions.

This is true, I try to keep 3-4 versions of the bsv on server.Older versions on Dropbox :)
Independent Developer
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

That may be true, however I also follow this routine and I only have a couple of obsolete versions. I have also scoured the database and AwareIM installation looking for the root cause with no luck.

Support, your comments please?

Cheers,
Pete
Pete Bradstreet

AwareIM Ver. 8.2
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Same here, it's a dev box so we rarely publish, 1 obsolete version max and still slow times, takes for the tip tho, will watch for our prod servers