Pivot grid (Pivot table) on roadmap?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

Re: Pivot grid (Pivot table) on roadmap?

Post by BenHayat »

Jaymer wrote:Its the FESTival for the RESTofus........ "costanzo"
Jaymer, you must be Italian... :D
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

BTW, that Kendo Pivot Table is pretty amazing.
Esp. if you allow filtering (which not ALL the examples did)... and you notice that the tiny demo window has a scroll bar way at the bottom which allows you to see stuff all the way to the right. Initially, I didn't see that (cause its off my screen to the bottom) and didn't really understand what was happening when I was drilling down... but all that new data was being pushed RIGHT and it all makes sense now :)

Its cool that this understands native DATE data types - that way Months sort correctly in columns (in the past I've had to number column headings 1.Jan 2.Feb 3.Mar just to get the pivot columns correct.

I'd imagine that one issue will be formatting for printing - and maybe lack of control over page breaks, etc. People complain about issues in our ReportWriter and band issues, etc., but I bet you'll have even less luck using Pivot tables for stand alone super-polished reports.
As long as everyone realizes this is to analyze data - its a tool - and maybe not going to give you a finished product you'll put in the Annual Report, it will be a nice addition for sure.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Wondering if Pivot Table is going to make it into V9?

here's a pivot using ag-grid.com that I just put into an Aware form.
Attachments
pivot-ag.png
pivot-ag.png (198.51 KiB) Viewed 6781 times
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Wondering if Pivot Table is going to make it into V9?

here's a pivot using ag-grid.com that I just put into an Aware form.
When I queried support directly on this sometime back, they confirmed they were NOT going to be implementing a pivot. Not sure if they have changed their mind

I looked at ag-grid, it seems very impressive, did you hard code this or is it working off your AwareIM objects. I would like to implement ag-grid in some way, further advice would be appreciated
Jaymer

AG-Grid example integrated into Aware

Post by Jaymer »

@ACDC

try this

the 1st tab is the basic Olympic data shown in ag examples. its loaded as a .json file from their servers
the 2nd tab is live MSSQL data served via node.js

It took me about 30 mins (or under) to make add to my NodeJS file, and modify the aware BSV to add the 2nd tab, AND to config the column names, grid defaults.
because i'm new to AG-Grid, i don't have all the functionality setup. its late and i was up LATE last night too. Will tweak over time.

NO WAY, IMHO, a Kendo Grid could load these 5000 recs.
This doesn't do the 'lazy-loading', its loading all at once into the DOM.

(work in progress)

PS _ the long initial load time isn't due to the grid loading all the data... its the kendo.js, aware.js, highcharts.js files loaded the 1st time.
PPS _ I'm not happy with this data. not much to slice n dice on for the crosstab. will find better data.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

have to admit, I don't understand why no one has commented on this.
This grid blows away the speed of a Kendo grid... the 2nd tab loads 5000 recs. That takes a LONGGGG time in kendo/normal Aware (if its even possible). Most of my "big" grids are massively sluggish past several 100 recs.

AND this does a pivot table.

Jaymer
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

I have a need for pivot tables.

Tables with the config.groupable turned on goes a quarter of the way there but the grid contains about 1,000 records and takes forever to render, so is a very very poor substitute

I also need:
Google maps as a query format
Tree view as a query format (not the directory listing tree view)
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

have to admit, I don't understand why no one has commented on this.
I am to blame :oops: , I hope to get back to this thread soon, just been buried in a mountain of work.

I have to get a pivot grid in place and this seems to be a solution, although the time I spent on your sample, I couldn't get it to perform as expected. I was under the weather at the time tho :cry:
nhofkes

Post by nhofkes »

Jaymer, I tried your example. Looks very good!
You wrote
a pivot using ag-grid.com that I just put into an Aware form
Can you explain how you did this?
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

ACDC wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:43 am I have to get a pivot grid in place and this seems to be a solution, although the time I spent on your sample, I couldn't get it to perform as expected.
please elaborate.
as i said, the data could be better on the 5000 rec tab.
the Olympic data is a bit easier to pivot.

feel free to hit me up on Skype (JaymerJaymer) so I can walk you thru it.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

nhofkes wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:56 am Can you explain how you did this?
sent you the BSV via PM here.
connect to me on Skype (JaymerJaymer)

Jaymer
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

feel free to hit me up on Skype (JaymerJaymer) so I can walk you thru it.

Thank you , I will be in touch soon :)
eThinkSolutions

Post by eThinkSolutions »

Hi Jaymer, we are very interested in getting AG Grid implemented into AwareIM. Interested to see how you are progressing with this. I invited you on Skype for a chat. Not sure if you have seen the invite from skype name NicholasManolis. Do you have any sample BSV and any implementation tricks to push us in the right direction.