Adding META tags

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
UnionSystems

Adding META tags

Post by UnionSystems »

I'd like to hide the safari browser chrome on IOS for my mobile phone version screens. Normally I do this by adding the appropriate META tags (eg <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" /> <meta name="apple-touch-fullscreen" content="yes" />).

I'm using the generic Boostrap theme. Is there a file I can edit to insert these META tags or is there another method I should use to hide the browser chrome?
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
Gabbitas

Re: Adding META tags

Post by Gabbitas »

Add your META tag to startup.html

From memory I think you'll find startup.html in ../awareim/tomcat/web apps/awareim

This will open your app in a chromeless browser but only after you have saved and launched your app from the home screen. In my experience with my app opening in a chromeless window on iOS it seems to take longer than opening in Safari. I don't know why. I'd be interested to know if you or anyone else experiences the same??

Cheers
UnionSystems

Post by UnionSystems »

Thanks Gabbitas. That works.

On Linux that file is Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM/startup.html
UnionSystems

Post by UnionSystems »

In a separate topic aware_support https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9628 also advises using startup.html to force references to separate JS files into a specific order. Based on aware_support advice we have successfully used startup.html to both add meta tags to an App and order JS files into a required sequence.

But what if you are running multiple Apps on the same AwareIM server? Is there a way to deliver different startup.html files to different Apps (aka AwareIM domains) so that different Apps can have different <head></head>? Perhaps some kind of Tomcat conditional HTML?