How do you close a query that's inside the main panel?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
JonP

How do you close a query that's inside the main panel?

Post by JonP »

Stupid newbie question. Preparing to face-palm.

I can't figure out how to close a query outputted to the main content panel. I would have thought that I could just add a close operation to the panel like with a form. The only solution I can think of is a popup, but I don't want that.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
BenHayat

Re: How do you close a query that's inside the main panel?

Post by BenHayat »

JonP wrote:Stupid newbie question. Preparing to face-palm.

I can't figure out how to close a query outputted to the main content panel. I would have thought that I could just add a close operation to the panel like with a form. The only solution I can think of is a popup, but I don't want that.
I had requested this before but no response. The only way is to open up a tab page and put the results in tab, so user can close the tab. I wish a query result would have a "Close" button".
pureist

Re: How do you close a query that's inside the main panel?

Post by pureist »

..in the meanwhile, the workarounds are:
have a 'Close' button on the query which runs a process which:
1. uses DISPLAY LAYOUT to display a blank layout in the panel , which will overwrite the query
2. runs another query which returns no records (criteria 'ID=0') and has everything turned off so the query borders, etc. don't display, which will overwrite the query
...and, more a pure solution than a workaround:
3 .uses EXEC SCRIPT to delete the contents in the panel (after finding it), which I think is something like this:
EXEC_SCRIPT 'AwareApp.closeComponent(parser.m_widgetInfo,false,false);'