Fail to test imported BSV: ResourceUnavailableException

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
dwilson837

Fail to test imported BSV: ResourceUnavailableException

Post by dwilson837 »

I imported a BSV from another user/installation. I couldn't find any unusual images in the visual perspectives. This occurs when I try to "Test" the application (I am double-checking with that user).

The dialog in the config tool says: "Exception changing status of the business space version Aware Aserver encountered the following error .Internal error. Resource provider not set for loading of binary resources."

In the server log:
Exception retrieving an image com.bas.shared.domain.configuration.ResourceUnavailableException Unable to find some of the binary resources of the visual perspective. Please check custom pages of your visual perspective.

Thanks,
Dylan
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Not sure. If you want us to investigate please send the BSV to [email protected]
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We were able to successfully deploy your application for testing. There were no problems. Could you create a new business space and try the BSV there?If it works and you want the old business space to work as well try deleting the data when making the version available for testing in the old business space
Aware IM Support Team
technopak

Post by technopak »

Hi,

I came across this problem when I deleted a BSV in the Config Tool, then created a new BSV with the same name as the deleted one and tried to import a BSV from another source into the newly created BSV - Aware just won't do it.

I thought that there had to be some information left over in the database which was referring to the old version of the BSV - and the remnants of the old BSV were affecting the way that Aware was dealing with the new BSV of the same name.

To test it, I created a new BSV with a different name and the import worked just fine. So Aware obviously hadn't fully deleted the old BSV.

I once more deleted the offending BSV in the Config Tool and then accessed my database (MySQL) and manually removed a number of remaining entries which referred to the deleted BSV.

Then I re-entered the Config Tool, created the BSV and successfully imported the new version.

Looks like Aware's BSV deletion leaves behind a bit of hang-over !

Hope this helps, but take care with accessing your database manually :-)

Peter