Cannot make BusinessSpace version available for testing

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

If the problem that you having is only in the test mode DO NOT DELETE anything. Please do the following:

1. Backup your main database if not backed up already
2. Export your latest BSV (if not done already)
3. Put the version under testing WITH NO INITIAL DATA. This should reinitialise the testing mode for your business space
Aware IM Support Team
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

Thank you very much for comment!

1. I have backed up DB and exported current bsv.
2. I have imported current bsv into new version/
2. I have put this version under testing WITH NO INITIAL DATA/
And I get:
Exception changing status of business space version AwareIm server encountered the flowing error .Error creating reference table Table 'BASTESTDOMAINERP_ETAP_REF' already exists.
Then I created another new version from current and have put this version under testing WITH NO INITIAL DATA. The same error.
AwareIM 5.1a build 1454, Debian 64bit , MySQL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Try creating a new business space and importing the BSV into this business space. Then put the version under test and see if you get the same error again.
Aware IM Support Team
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

Yes, I have done this. In this case there were no any errors.
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

What could it mean?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This means that the testing database (BASDBTEST) for the old business space is screwed up. Just use the new business space from now on.
Aware IM Support Team
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

Hi, thank you very much for the answer!

Do you mean?
1.Create new BS, import current bsv
2. Copy current BASDB database to new BS

If I create new BS I need to transfer data from current bsv.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, import and publish the new BSV and then copy the data. DO NOT COPY the entire database - just the tables that start with OLDBS_ in BASDB to the corresponding tables that start with NEWBS_

Where OLDBS and NEWBS are the names of the old and new business spaces respectively
Aware IM Support Team
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

Hi!
I have done what you said but now some rows are filled wirh wrong data.
For example, LoginName is filled with AccessLevel, and vice versa AccessLevel is filled with LoginName. Some other fields have same problem.

I copied in phpmyadmin only data without structure.

Is it right?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

If rows have the wrong data you haven't copied correctly. If you have a backup restore this backup and do it again
Aware IM Support Team
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

The issue is that when I import bsv fron CURRENT BS the database that is created has different structure comparing with CURENT databease.

What could be the reason?
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

I mean when I import it in newly created BS.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You need to PUBLISH the new business space before you import the data. If you imported the same BSV then the database structure must be identical after publishing. You can then import the data
Aware IM Support Team
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

For Sergej, ACDC, and Support

I'm in this same pickle and could use some advise. I develop on a local machine and publish my BSV to a production server. I recently updated to 5.5 from 5.3 and went about making some modifications including some that affect the database structure.

Along the way, I did a build and found that all of my data (in the test database on my local machine) was just gone. Could this happen if I chose the wrong option during the build?

Regardless, I restored from a backup from before all of this and now my BSV is out of sync.

Here's my question and I would appreciate hearing from support so I don't foul up...

My local test database is insignificant to me and losing all data within it is no concern. My only test database in on my dev machine and my only operational database in on my server machine. Can I just drop the test database from my dev machine and allow the Configuration Tool to rebuild it (empty of course) and the big question: Will my BSV update on my production system without errors?

If not, I will probably have to bring in my currently published BSV and start over on my 5.5 changes.

I would appreciate your input.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Do not DROP the database - this should only be done if all else fails. In your case just put it under testing with no initial data. This should rebuild the testing database.

Whether or not it will publish to the production without errors - I have no idea. If you want to test it you should have the same structure on the testing machine as on the production machine, then make your changes and then publish on top of the old structure.
Aware IM Support Team