Using aware IM on laptop

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
hueglin

Using aware IM on laptop

Post by hueglin »

I have Aware IM Personal Edition installed on my laptop and use it only as a single user database. It works fine when I am am my home and connected to my home internet. It does not work when I am somewhere else, even if I connect to someone else's internet. I get a "product expired or invalid key" message in the Aware IM server dialogue box.

Is it possible to configure the Aware IM server to run without a connection to the internet?
greg

Post by greg »

You do need to be connect to the internet if AwareIM server and the database are both on your local machine.
greg

Post by greg »

Correction: You do NOT need to be connected. Sorry, a case of dyslexia.
hueglin

Post by hueglin »

Hi Greg,

That`s the problem I am having, I DO need to be on the internet even though both server and database are on my machine. If I am not on the internet I get a server error message saying that the product key is invalid or license is expired. In fact, even if I am on the internet somewhere other than my home I get the same message. I am guessing that somehow the server settings got messed up, but I don`t know how to fix them.

I ave sent off an e-mail to Aware IM directly.
tford

Post by tford »

hueglin,

Not sure if it will help, but you might try running productKey.bat which is located in c:\AwareIM\bin & re-enter your product key info.

Tom
hueglin

Post by hueglin »

Thanks for the suggestion. Sandra from Aware IM worked with me to solve the problem.