java.lang.OutOfMemoryError in the confg tool

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
jclark58

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError in the confg tool

Post by jclark58 »

I keep getting a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError in the confg tool log.

As a consequence I cant save my work or export the BSV.

When I arttempt to do this the application does not complain but fails to save the file.

eg if I try to go into Test mode, I get a dialog saying that the BSV version has changed even though I have just Updated it. I answer Yes and the application accepts this but the Mode does not change. If I try to do this again I get the same Update dialog behaviour even though I have just Updated....

If I attempt to Export the BSV it accepts the export command and dialog without error but the BSV file is not created.

The log contains another java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I have shut down all other applications, increased memory to 256M in the StartAwareIM.bat file and also deleted all other essential Business spaces demos etc which did seem to work for a while.

Suggestions?

Regards
John
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

I seem to have fixed it - All I could think of while I was waiting was possibly defragmented RAM or disk space. As it turned out C: was pretty full = small partition (AwareIM is on another drive) so I freed up some room and cold booted. Now it goes again. I think - just completing my lost changes due to couldnt save before boot.

This client server situation where the Config gets disconnected from the server is an issue - can we have a facility to emergency save to local disk if the link drops?

John
greg

Post by greg »

I think one should still be able to export a copy of the configuration to a bsv file
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

Thanks Greg,

The problem I was having at the time was due to the java.Outofmemoryerror, and my complaint was the lack of obvious error messages. however I just tried to export a bsv without the server running and got the following error message up in a dialog box

"Exception while exporting business spce version Connection with AwareIM server may have been lost. Make sure the server is running and re-connect by selecting 'Reconnect' in the 'Tools' menu."

So it is not possible to save a BSV of the connection to the server is lost.

John