logon URL is case sensitive

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
nhofkes

logon URL is case sensitive

Post by nhofkes »

I am not sure if the below is really a problem report, but there is certainly room for improvement.
Today I spent quite some time trying to login to my application using the standard interactive logon page, until I finally discovered that I made a small error in the URL:
I used
instead of
I.e. you need to write 'AwareIM', not 'awareIM'. In my opinion, the logon could be a bit more user friendly, it should not be case sensitive as it apparently is. Normally url's are case insensitive.

And what is making this worse, is that when you use the wrong name as I did, you don't get to see any error message. There is just a totally blank screen without any message at all. Nor is there any message in the Server output or the Tomcat Output on the Control Panel, which means there is no way to see that you did something wrong.

I guess, for the production version this will not be problematic as one would change the URL in any event using URL redirect or something like that (I saw some posts about that, haven't yet figured out how to do it), but for now (still in development) I was working with the standard logon url.

The same goes for the parameterised full login alternative using logonOp.aw: the parameters domain, userName, password, testingMode are all case sensitive. And here I mean the parameter names themselves, not the input value for those parameters. It should not be that difficult to make the url and the parameters case insensitive.
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)