Auto-refresh of a panel doesn't work if the trigger process is not executed manually?

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
andreic

Auto-refresh of a panel doesn't work if the trigger process is not executed manually?

Post by andreic »

Hi,
I have set up a panel on a VP which will show a query only when the auto-refresh is triggered. There is a trigger process TriggerRefresh and the actual DoRefresh process that shows the query. The panel auto-refresh settings have these two defined:

Auto refresh settings of the panel.PNG
Auto refresh settings of the panel.PNG (22.54 KiB) Viewed 2070 times

I expect the panel to refresh when the trigger process is completed, regardless from where is it executed. To do this I'm executing the trigger process when the VP is initialized.

However, the auto-refresh of a panel doesn't seem to work when the trigger process is executed from another process, only when the trigger process is executed manually such as from a button on the VP, like this:

Trigger refresh works only manually.PNG
Trigger refresh works only manually.PNG (10.92 KiB) Viewed 2070 times

Is there a way to achieve auto-refresh of a panel as soon as the VP is shown, without having to execute the trigger process manually from somewhere?
Jaymer

Re: Auto-refresh of a panel doesn't work if the trigger process is not executed manually?

Post by Jaymer »

-> Is there a way to achieve auto-refresh of a panel as soon as the VP is shown

The panel itself can show a query OR the output of a process (dorefresh). That's what will happen the first time the vp appears.
Don't have the panel be empty.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
andreic

Re: Auto-refresh of a panel doesn't work if the trigger process is not executed manually?

Post by andreic »

Good idea, that works. Thank you!