Swap Select issues

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
RLJB

Swap Select issues

Post by RLJB »

We continue to have issues with Swap Select when there are more than a handful of items in the Selection:

1. Click the item on the left, move to right and it disappears from right and left list OR

2. Click the item on the left, move to right and it appears on BOTH the right and left OR

3. Click the item on the left, move to the right, save the form but the selection isn't saved.

Workaround = don't use swap selects, using a table with Add button
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please use the latest build
Aware IM Support Team
customaware

Post by customaware »

I am still having problems with the Swap Select control..

All the things mentioned above.

Selected item just disappear when you access the attribute a second time.

Other times just the first selected item disappears and the others ok.

Grrr....

Changed to a Check List Box and that is even worse. Actually displays the wrong items.

:-(
Cheers,
Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Both swap select and checkbox list seem to work fine for us. Can you send us test BSV that demontstrates the problem (if there is one)?
Aware IM Support Team
customaware

Post by customaware »

I have now removed both of the Swap Selects in my app and replaced them with Tables.

Works a lot better.
Cheers,
Mark
Gabbitas

Post by Gabbitas »

I am also having the problems as described above. All seems to work fine if there are not many instances to choose from. As soon as there are a couple of dozen it starts to act weird.

Also if the attribute displayed is 'Name' for example, and you have two instances with the same name then both instances are selected and moved across instead of each instance individually.

Have created and sent a sample BSV to support.

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This should be fixed in build 1805
Aware IM Support Team
Gabbitas

Post by Gabbitas »

Hi Support,

I'm still having issues with swap select. I can select ok and all is fine and then randomly after repeated saves of the BO that contains the swap select the selection just starts to unselect itself until the whole selection is reset.

The frustrating thing is that it happens very often in my production BSV but it happens less frequently when I try to reproduce it in a sample BSV. This obviously makes it difficult to show you. If you wish to do a screen share with me I would be happy to demonstrate it in my production BSV.

Another problem I have noticed is that when you use the up and down arrows to reorder the selected list and then you save the form the list order is reset. surley this can't be the intended behaviour else what is the point of up and down arrows?

I'm really disappointed but I've got to give up on trying to use this now as it's effectively corrupting my clients data. I have now changed all swap selects to checkbox lists but this just isn't as slick.

If anything changes or if support fix the bugs then I'll give it another go. If I can help any further with making this work then let me know.

Thanks