Strange Report Problem

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
customaware

Strange Report Problem

Post by customaware »

I have a query which displays Leave Applications.
I have an operation to the right that generates a report of the Leave Application and displays it to the screen....pdf

Interestingly this has been working perfectly in the following browsers....

Chrome Mac
Firefox Win

Deploying the app to a wider audience and have found an issue which I suspect is something to do with the Browser cache.

In Chrome Win and IE Win.....when I click on the first report button I get the correct report for that record. However, when I click on the report button for the next record I get the same report as for the previous record.

If I log out and log back in again and try the second record first, it is correct and then the first record report is the same as the second.

In Chrome for Mac and FF for Win it proves that the logic is creating the correct report. so, it seems the browser is picking up the previous report each time in Chrome Win and IE.

I know how to refresh every time a page is loaded in FF but can find no way to do it in Chrome Win or IE.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before and know of a workaround or solution please?
Cheers,
Mark
customaware

Post by customaware »

Day 2:

Update on this issue.

In the expectation this was a Chrome cache issue, have tried installing Cache Killer.

Interestingly this seemed to solve the problem on one machine but not on another.

There are a number of places in the app where the same functionality exists for different Access Levels.
In all but 1 place the Operation was being sent to a New Tab rather than default. Hence tried setting the problem one to New Tab also.... No Go

But, here is a clue....
When I invoke the operation the PDF screen that gets displayed has this in the title bar...

http://10.31.1.12/AwareIM/DOCS_6548626/ ... CATION.PDF

If I then close that and invoke the same operation on the next record the PDF screen shows EXACTLY the same thing. http://10.31.1.12/AwareIM/DOCS_6548626/ ... CATION.PDF

Watching underneath at these temporary DOCS folders being created, I cannot understand what their lifecycle is and when Aware decides to create a new one.

Clearly invoking the same operation from two different records DOES NOT create separate DOC folders. Aware uses the same folder and I am guessing this is why the browser takes the previous version in cache rather than the new version that has definitely been written to the temp DOC folder.

You will notice that the document name is EMPLOYEE%20LEAVE%20APPLICATION.PDF. Apart from exporting the report as some defined filename and re-importing to display (should not be necessary) can anyone suggest a way to give each new document a unique filename...like.... XYZ_EMPLOYEE%20LEAVE%20APPLICATION.PDF?

This way I might be able to have the browser understand that it is a new version.
Cheers,
Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

A different record should definitely have a different document path. If it doesn't it's either a problem in your application or a bug in Aware IM.

Note that in 5.8 (to be released soon) documents will be displayed in a slightly different way (in Aware IM-managed popup windows, rather than in the browser-managed popup windows). So maybe it's worth waiting for 5.8 and seeing if the problem happens there.
Aware IM Support Team